Conspirocracy

Started by KodiakBehr, Sun 26/08/2012 22:31:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

KodiakBehr

Conspirocracy is almost complete, looks and sounds great (thanks to the amazing support of Haffhedd and Problem), and we're now going into beta testing.  Interested in helping out?  Check out our post here!

In the meantime, what do you think of the game's poster?

CaptainD

Quote from: KodiakBehr on Fri 09/08/2013 04:50:08
In the meantime, what do you think of the game's poster?

Very weird... in a good way!  :-D

qptain Nemo

KodiakBehr

This has been a big day for us!

We've just launched our Conspirocracy campaign on IndieGoGo.

Please check it out at: http://igg.me/at/conspirocracy/x/1389560

frenzykitty

Fantastic! Good luck with this! I am proud to have played a small part in this (small voice actor and playtester)

P.S. Kodiak- did you get my last PM??

CaptainD

Great stuff KB!  Hope it all goes well.  I'm proud to have played a part in the game too, even if my part was much smaller than frenzykitty's small part.  8-)

NickyNyce

Congrats KB,

A great game with a great cause. The whole team should be very proud of themselves.

Problem

I'm also very excited to be a part of this.
It's great to finally see everything come together, resulting in such a unique game. Now everyone go and support the campaign, donate for a good cause and get a copy of this cool game! :)

KodiakBehr

Serena Nelson just did an article about us on Kickstart Ventures!

m0ds

Looks good! The igg campaign - there's no info on what the 5000 is for (unless my eyes deceive me?). Can you explain a bit where that money is going as it's requested this late in the development? A paragraph explaining the moneys on the igg may help you. I only see that half of it is for charity. Thanks!

dactylopus

Quote from: Mods on Fri 23/08/2013 18:29:31
Looks good! The igg campaign - there's no info on what the 5000 is for (unless my eyes deceive me?). Can you explain a bit where that money is going as it's requested this late in the development? A paragraph explaining the moneys on the igg may help you. I only see that half of it is for charity. Thanks!
I was actually coming here to ask the same thing.  I am a bit curious as to the distribution of funds.

Either way, I wish you luck in the campaign.  The game looks great, and the cause is just.

KodiakBehr

Thanks for your question!

With art, animation, voice-acting and so forth, the game cost a little over $2000 to make, which was paid for out-of-pocket.  We're hoping that by asking for $5000, we can give half of it to the Foundation Fighting Blindness and also break even on our own costs.  This is why we went for flexible-funding...if we fall short of our target, our backers will still get the game, the Foundation will still get a donation (albeit a little less than they would have hoped, also) and we'll accept our losses as a learning experience.

I've added a pie-chart to the campaign with a little more specificity.  Do you think it makes things any clearer?

dactylopus

It certainly does.

Best of luck to you guys!

Problem

I'd like to add that even this calculation is quite optimistic. Production of the physical rewards and shipping may easily cost more than we expect. I don't know about the taxes, but that might also be something to consider. And after all you'll get the physical copy in a box for as little as 40$, of which 20$ will be for charity. There won't be much money left.
Not to mention that many of us have worked for free, otherwise this game would have never happened. We're definitely not in it for the money.

KodiakBehr

I haven't added taxes into my pie-chart figure simply because due to the way we are structured, the quantity we are taxed could vary between two absurd figures, neither of which I want to think or talk about right now.  For what it's worth, the FFB portion will not be taxed, so it'll be on our half to pick up that share.

m0ds

Thank you for the clarification there! I'll pledge sometime very soon :)

LUniqueDan

I soooo love the Isometrics street views. Keep on the good work !
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

KodiakBehr

Thank you both for the support and encouragement.  Jack Allin wrote a nice little article about us on AdventureGamers.com!

Problem

We've released a digital EP with music from Conspirocracy as a free download! It features 5 of the 22 tracks and should give you a good idea of what the game will sound like.

The full soundtrack will be available to all backers at or above $15.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk