Conspirocracy

Started by KodiakBehr, Sun 26/08/2012 22:31:54

Previous topic - Next topic

KodiakBehr

A schoolteacher wakes to find his entire life is missing from public record.  His bank account, his health care, his credit cards are all frozen while the government declares him to be a non-person.
As he takes the steps necessary to pull his life back together, he becomes aware of nefarious forces that have conspired against him.  The truth, it seems, is never pure and rarely simple.

Loosely inspired by Douglas Adams' Bureaucracy (1987), Conspirocracy is a comedy that will introduce the player to an eclectic cast of characters in a wide variety of locations as he uncovers the secret of what became of his identity.

This game is being developed in the hopes of raising a little money for a good charitable cause.

FEATURES

- A full-length game with a wide-variety of puzzles and characters.
- Unlockable achievements for players who discover the many easter-eggs hidden within.
- A "stress" management system.  Our hero has a weak heart and too many stressful incidents will kill him.  Find ways to help calm his anxiety.

Progress To Date:
Writing 100%
Graphics 100%
Scripting 100%
Music/Sound 95%

Developer Diary

26th August, 2012 - Official reveal.    Basic Website up.
21st October, 2012 - First update with new screenshots.
28th April, 2013 - Alpha testing begins.  Voice work and soundtrack begins.
8th August, 2013 - Voice and soundtrack complete.  Beta testing begins.
18th August, 2013 - Beta testing ongoing.  IndieGoGo campaign begins!
7th December, 2013 - Conspirocracy ships!

CosmoQueen

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS!! OMG there's nothing more fun than playing a game that has the feel of a movie. And the whole stress management thing is so cool and unique! Wow I can't wait for this!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

CaptainD

Hey KB!

Firstly, sorry I never gave you more feedback on your design doc - I was a little preoccupied with getting the Captain Disaster demo out.

Secondly... this looks awesome! Love the title, too  :-D

AnasAbdin

KB this is awesome, but what else is new? you already do awesome stuff... :D
I hope I will be the first one to purchase it among many many people.

Igor Hardy

Wow, looks most impressive. I love city based adventure games.

Ilyich

This looks and sounds fantastic! I'm a sucker for games in a contemporary urban setting, so this seems right up my alley!

The isometric view of the city is especially delightful. I want to go to there. :)

NickyNyce

This looks so awesome KodiakBehr, I can't believe how much you got done already. You look like you're well on your way to creating something really special here.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Wow, I haven't seen isometric art that pleasing and colorful in awhile!  I almost thought it was a Syndicate clone at first but the story sounds good enough to stand on its own.  Good luck with this.

KodiakBehr

Well thank you all for the early feedback!  We've worked really hard with the palette and design to make sure every room feels unique and memorable in its own way.  I hope, to that end, we've been successful.  Special props go to NickyNyce who donated the most salmonella-laden restaurant kitchen ever featured in an AGS game (sneak peek in the poster).

The game is (remarkably) on schedule, which is great news!  I'll keep updating the blog regularly to keep people in the loop on how it's going.

Armageddon

Pretty graphics, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :P

gameboy

The graphics look neat and the story sounds interesting. Awesome!

SarahLiz

This looks and sounds amazing...love uncovering a good mystery too!  The screenshots are really sweet, for lack of a better adventure game-y term... ;)

Dualnames

It's like we're all out of words, but this is bamfuckingtastic. Keep us posted.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

EKM

Haha, I really wanna play this. The graphics are great and I love the idea of playing as a schoolteacher. Will have to be extra patient waiting this one out. It's also cool that there's gonna be two versions. Since I'm Canadian, I can't wait to see if I can make 'sense' out of what the extra content is gonna be =)

Shadow1000

Looking forward based on the description and graphics and intrigued by the Canadian content!

Cheers

SHADOW
(from Toronto)

JSH

Cool game! I like the premise of the story, the graphics look appealing and the "stress" system seems like an innovative mechanic. Reminds me of the "mental health" system in Fahrenheit/Indigo prophecy. Definitely keeping an eye on this :)

SeamanNaranja

Best graphics ever? I love the pixel graphics, especially the shots of the town! The plot is interesting as well, me being a schoolteacher and all :)
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

LostTrainDude

DAT ISOMETRY!

This game deserves a special place in my bookmarks to notice future updates! :D
Great job, indeed!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

KodiakBehr

It's been an intense few months, but I'm still motivated and on-target.  XCOM: Enemy Unknown has had NO impact on performance whatsoever.  None.  You hear me?

Thought I'd share a few more screenshots as I'm updating the progress bars right now. 

The casting call will have to be postponed a few months, but when it does come, I hope that some of you AGS'ers will volunteer (particularly given the unforgivably large cast of characters in this game)!

CaptainD

This is looking really good, although I can't forgive the unforgivably large cast of characters.  :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk