The Visitor 2

Started by NickyNyce, Thu 22/12/2011 21:49:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

Quote from: NickyNyce on Tue 27/03/2012 12:37:35
It's hard to get anything done when both my hands are holding my head from spinning.

Yeeehaaaa â€" sounds like a job for "TurboTabby"! 

Let me lend you a hand of mine for this and crash will happen soon  ...
... not sure about the landing though.    ;D

NickyNyce

I have been hammering away at this thing for a good month now and have made a ton of progress. I feel comfortable saying the release will be in September or October, but if I can keep the pace, It could be sooner. Here's a couple of BG's

Fitz

Keep it up :) If we both do, we might be able to coordinate the invasions ;)

EchosofNezhyt

The rocks and the crane look exspecially awesome :P, Looks fun good luck man!

NickyNyce

Thanks Frito Master, I'll take all the luck I can.

The game has already surpassed the Visitor in almost every way. I made a lot of fun animations to bring the BG's to life, frogs leaping, mice running, blood bubbling etc. But most important of all, there's an extra special little guy that plays a part in the game, and his animations and evil doing has made this fun for me.

[imgzoom]http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee455/nickynyce/11aa.png[/imgzoom]

@Fitz...I like the sound of a coordinated attack, PM me if you're interested

Landing near you

steptoe

It's not over until the fat lady sings..

EchosofNezhyt

Looking good, Can't believe this is all in paint. You my have have Pixelated Balls of Steel.

NickyNyce

It has taken 7 months and now The Visitor 2 is just about done!!!!

Thank the heavens!

I put this thing together much faster then I thought I would. It took sleepless nights, alien invasion nightmares, pancakes in the shape of flying saucers and I'm now afraid to walk under street lamps. But I did it....**Breathing heavy**

96% of my own graphics and made 100% with MS PAINT
                                [imgzoom]http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee455/nickynyce/al1.png[/imgzoom]

I only need to make some small cutscenes, polish, achievements, test and figure out the best way to extract all the text for proof reading

I'm hoping the game will be ready in a month or so.  8-)

Tabata

Ready?    :shocked:

Oh no, not yet  :sad:

I see - you are just doing a new kind of “kick”starter (laugh)

...  also it wasn't a crash landing, so we have to wait until it “rumbles” :wink:

Nonetheless good news! ~ Let's get ready to rumble!  :grin:

steptoe

I await with baited breath  (laugh)

It's only a month  :P

It's not over until the fat lady sings..

pharlap

This looks awesome. I will download and play the first Visitor game next weekend (got totally obsessed with making my own first game and havent downloaded one in a while) then after the first will download and play the second.
Looking at the gist of it and the screenshots, this looks like a most excellent game!

NickyNyce

Since this was resurrected, alien autopsy anyone?

EDIT: I switched the picture, Selmiak was right, the table did look strange at a different resolution.

selmiak

hmmm, I was looking at this pic and heard some dial up sounds in my ear/head/imagination. Probably because my mind figured there some blocks in the pic were still loading. Please give this machine dial up sounds in the game :)

NickyNyce

Multiple eye witnesses have been claiming to have seen strange lights in the sky over your area. Hundreds of people and animals have gone missing over the past few months and authorities are beginning to wonder if these strange sightings have anything to do with it. The Mayor has advised that people should stay in doors at night and to try and take care of any business they have during the day. Residents in the area are claiming it's aliens from another universe, one of them even gave us this picture. An obvious fake if you ask me, but who am I to say. 

They're hereeeee.....

KodiakBehr

That's absolute bullsh*t.  Those aliens are from THIS universe!  Woooooo -- Visitor 2!!!!!

NickyNyce

The Visitor 2 should land some time today.

@KodiakBehr....I'm assuming you're the guy that sent this picture to us. I'm betting you were also abducted by these aliens and dropped off in a nearby crop circle.

CaptainD

Just wanted to stop by to say that this game is looking really good.  Although you might have to watch out that Apple don't sue you for using their crop circle design!  :P

Fitz

Quote from: NickyNyce on Thu 30/08/2012 13:41:29

Ah, so you will prepare ground for Gray's one-man TOTAL INVASION APOCALYPSE next month ;) How very convenient indeed!

This weekend I'll probably still be busy planning the invasion -- and other mischief -- but expect a double review sometime next week :)

Ghost

Quote from: NickyNyce on Thu 30/08/2012 13:41:29

Wheeeeee! I'm standing here with my "Velkomm, Alines!" shirt!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk