problem with editing games info

Started by Icey, Fri 31/08/2012 07:24:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

So I have noticed when I try to edit some if not all of my games info pages I can't really sae what I have changed. I noticed these small things that really want to fix or update and I can't do it. For example, I tried to download my pub master quest legends 4.0 beta and I couldn't do it cause there it was removed on mediafire. So I fix the problem on mediafire but I could update the link to the games download page.

LimpingFish

Change your forum name back to "icey games", and log out of the forums. After you log back in, try to edit your game.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Icey

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

Still not working,

Incorrect string value: '\xAE Lege...' for column 'name' at row 1

AGA

What does it say in the "you are logged in as " bit at the top of the edit page?

Icey

humm, it appears to work now. Well thanks for the help you guys.

For some reason there is this odd A in the title.

Pub master quest® Legends v4.0

and when I remove it I get an error. But when I update with it I don't get the error + I don't see it.

TomatoesInTheHead

You should get rid of the registered trademark symbol anyways, assuming that you haven't actually registered it, because then the use of this symbol is illegal.
"you may only use the federal registration symbol '®' after the USPTO actually registers a mark" (http://www.uspto.gov/faq/trademarks.jsp#_Toc275426682)
Registering a trademark is a bit pricy. That money can be spent better, I guess.

You're allowed to use the TM symbol, though. Still, it doesn't make your games look better or more professional...

Icey

I just like using them that's all. But I was never aware that it's illegal to use it if the object is not actually registered. Thanks for the info. I'm go switch them to TM right now.

error
Incorrect string value: '\x99 Wand...' for column 'name' at row 1

I can't change them....

AGA

Using stupid characters is never recommended online, since sites won't support them unless they're set up specifically to do so.  Just use plain text!

Icey

Ok, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk