Looking for technically-specific games to test engine in development

Started by Crimson Wizard, Mon 10/09/2012 12:10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Hi there, I am looking for games which have certain properties for testing AGS engine version that is currently in development.

At the moment I am very interested in finding any 8-bit (256 colors) game.
Also:
- games with excessive use of custom graphics: drawing over surfaces, using dynamic sprites, tinting, lightning, translucency.
- games which use AGSBlend plugin and(or) flashlight plugin.

Thanks in advance.

Dualnames

Definitely try Radiant's Vector Vendetta would be a good test, and perhaps Eternally Us.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

JJS

8-bit: Trilby's Notes

AGSBlend: Blades of Passion (the only game that uses the plugin afaik)

Flashlight: Maniac Mansion Deluxe, La Croix Pan
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

Babar

Another 8-bit (that had a palette swapping bit...I think :O): My own Alien Time Zone
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Scavenger

My game is 8bit, and has a few palette tricks, I also do a lot of work with palettes for the next version, though it's not finished yet. I could send you a build demonstrating that (it has custom Transparency and junk) if you'd like.

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

SSH

Try the walkcycle generator, it has a ton of custom graphic stuff, and I think I published the source, too.

Crimson Wizard

Thanks!
I was rewriting drawing code in the engine and needed to be sure I haven't broke anything :)
Those games mentioned above should be enough for the tests, I think.

Crimson Wizard

Hello again, I have a different question now.
Does anyone know games which use CD Audio?

This question is related to the proposal:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?issue=358.0

cat

The link shows an error that I'm not allowed to view issues of this project. I understand that not everyone is allowed to write and edit there, but why are the issues a secret?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: cat on Sun 21/10/2012 14:24:35
The link shows an error that I'm not allowed to view issues of this project. I understand that not everyone is allowed to write and edit there, but why are the issues a secret?
:shocked: I honestly didn't know about that, the issue is marked "public". Gotta ask AGA how those rights work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk