Technobabylon

Started by Technocrat, Wed 20/10/2010 14:18:17

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

I had a lot of fun playing this - and while I agree with Kaputtnik's and Tzach's points regarding the strangeness of things and food machine woes, still found it most enjoyable to enjoy.

Lovely work, bring on the next episode!

Igor Hardy

Reviewed. By me.

Technocrat

Igor Hardy

Bribes always pay off when you're dealing with me. ;)

Technocrat

In one of my bored-numb moments, I made a few tweaks to the game. It's now slightly less buggy, the save/load works properly, and the main track is now Pablo's new music for the series.

In other news, I'll have all of the text/dialogue for part 2 wrapped up by the end of tomorrow, and something playable by the weekend, for those who are down for testing. I think some of the writing is lousy/nonsensical, but that's what objective testers are for!

Sslaxx

Quote from: Technocrat on Sun 28/11/2010 14:16:08
In one of my bored-numb moments, I made a few tweaks to the game. It's now slightly less buggy, the save/load works properly, and the main track is now Pablo's new music for the series.

In other news, I'll have all of the text/dialogue for part 2 wrapped up by the end of tomorrow, and something playable by the weekend, for those who are down for testing. I think some of the writing is lousy/nonsensical, but that's what objective testers are for!
But nobody can play it, as there's no executable for the game!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Technocrat

Quote from: Sslaxx on Sun 28/11/2010 14:33:33
Quote from: Technocrat on Sun 28/11/2010 14:16:08

But nobody can play it, as there's no executable for the game!

Thank you very much!

/ screws head back on

Right, now it's the definitive slightly-more fixed edition.
I think my brain is turning to mush.

Dualnames

Apart from one or two annoying thingies, the game is excellent. I was avoiding it, cause I was working on a scene for my game, and I thought they were so much alike, I didn't want to get affected. Well, I was wrong cause you're not taking the approach I thought. Okay, now to the game, the puzzles were really nice, the story was cliched at first sight, but great execution, so the player loses that feeling pretty quick, and the ending is of course unexpected. All and all great game, looking forward to part 2.

The two thingies: 1)The virus part. I get the messages when reading the mails just to get to the virus. It'd be appropriate to just use an if Game.DoOnceOnly [/blue] and put all the messages and remarks about those 3 messages. It's not an annoyance that ruins the game, it's just something that bothered me.

2) Inventory close. Eventually I'd get my item deselected cause I'd miss-click the button. Either a label showing Close when over the X or just clicking out of the inventory window, would just close it, would be fine.

I'm sorry if I'm nitpicking. I really enjoyed the game experience. The atmosphere was great, you should be proud. :D

Now go make part 2! ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

xelanoimis

I played this. Really nice. Can't wait for the rest.

Technocrat

Right, well, it's been a while since anyone's posted in this thread, but I promise I have a good reason. It's appropriate, too!

See, I've been working on ths projecty kind of thing, and since I'm not the most objective judge of my own stuff, I wondered if anyone felt like helping me test it to make sure it works before I go giving it out to all and sundry?

Much obliged!

cianty

Whooo! Beautiful screen there! You can count me in if you need a tester.
ca. 70% completed

Igor Hardy

That's unexpected. Are you remaking the series as a one game?

Goldmund

I love Technobabylon games, one of the best things to come out of AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk