Plan M

Started by MurrayL, Sun 02/09/2012 14:07:28

Previous topic - Next topic

MurrayL

My buddy, Dave, and I finished a new game for the Ludum Dare (you may remember our previous release, subAtomic). It's in the same vein of comedy sci-fi adventuring, but bigger and better!

Plan M

The arbitrarily evil Dr. M uses a nefarious machine (The Simianthesiser) to devolve everyone into apes, so he and Señor Banana can become supreme masters!
Fortunately for the human race, he didn't count on Detectives Vandall and Hopkirk - two survivors who will stop at nothing to put things back the way they were.

Features:
* Full-length point & click adventure!
* A story so packed with comedy it's liable to explode at any minute, covering you and anyone watching in a disgusting-yet-amusing goo!
* Stephen Hawking gives a conference from the ceiling!
* Meet a monkey pretending to be the president!
* Electrocute a small child!
* A working save/load system! (well, subAtomic didn't have one)
* 17 music tracks and almost 50 sound FX!
* And much, much more!

The game is substantially longer than subAtomic, and will probably take an hour or so of your time. That is, of course, a complete guess - your mileage may vary.
Almost all content was created within 3 days, and the entire AGS project was put together in Day 3 (also known as 'Oh-god-why Day').

What you're looking at here is the 'Enhanced Edition' which features the soundtrack/SFX, new/revamped scenes and a laundry-list of bug-fixes and tweaks based on community feedback.

Download:
The AGS game page with download link can be found here.
Note: If you entered the Ludum Dare #24 Compo/Jam you can find our page here! We'd love to hear what you think, and other LD48 entrants can submit a rating.

MurrayL

NickyNyce

Congrats with the release Murray and Dave!

This looks like fun, I'm gonna give this a go real soon.

Mehrdad

Very nice and congratulation
I'm sure this game will be in 'Pick of the Month'
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

CaptainD

Ah, more comedy sci-fi!  :-D

Congrats on the release and the mention on indiegames.com (I had to twist Gnome's arm to get a mention for my demo on there...)

MurrayL

More press: Plan M just got featured on RockPaperShotgun.com!

As an aside, is it strange that subAtomic has 1,004 downloads on the AGS database but no 'Public Opinion'? ???

Khris

Brilliant, really funny, go play!

kconan

Thats alot of game for a 72-hour production.  Nice work!

The Last To Know

Great game. Very funny. I like it!

MurrayL

Glad you guys liked it!

NickyNyce

Congrats on a fun and enjoyable game. The writing was great and had me laughing all the way through it. The puzzles were easy to medium in difficulty and I never got stuck, but they were fun and made sense. Great job guys, I would love to see what you could do if you had the time to do it.

I want more of these characters, these guys are great.

Squinky

You had me at electrocuting a small child.

-----Edit-----
Played it and loved it. The sidekick thing is a great way to infuse the game with even more silliness. And you pulled it off perfectly.
The puzzles were simple, yet still interesting, and served to move the story forward well.

A+.

Haggis

Great game, especially considering it was made in 3 days! Impressive range of puzzles, great characters, awesome ending and the humour is outstanding.

Really got me looking forward to the crazy space train game now (not just because it has a train in it... I love trains wooo wooo!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk