MAGS September: "Fangame" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Mon 03/09/2012 21:31:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Topic: 'Fangame'

This month's guidelines were set by Nightfable:

Choose an old adventure game that you love and make a short continuation. It could be a sequel or remake of the original with a twist.

Ending on 3rd October

What is MAGS?

MAGS is a monthly competition for all amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, or provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

You may get help for the competition, although you must end up doing something yourself. You should however be warned that it proves difficult to organize a big team within thirty days. You are not allowed to use material already created before this competition. Your game must be completely new! Music and sound is an exception; you can use free material that is available to the public, if you wish. Modules and templates are also allowed. Please do not enter the competition with a rushed entry (a game created last minute). Sure, you can make a game and rush it - but don't do this just to win by default.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Third, finally, and most importantly, post your game here, including:

âœ" A working download link.
âœ" The title of your game.
âœ" A suitable screenshot.

At the end of the month, the all-important voting will begin! This period usually lasts fifteen days. Should you win, along with announcing the next month's rules, your name and game will be immortalised in the MAGS Archive. Yet hopefully, at the end of the month, the accomplishment of finishing a game will be your greatest prize. For more information please visit the Official MAGS website.

Armageddon

Kimbra

Hmmm... I think I'll come up with something too!

Icey

So is thus still open like for people to join, I thought about entering earlier but I got sidetracked

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: icey games on Wed 19/09/2012 00:50:25
So is thus still open like for people to join, I thought about entering earlier but I got sidetracked
MAGS are open to join anytime until the deadline. That means you may actually try to make a game one day before competition is closed :).

Atelier

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 19/09/2012 15:55:31
That means you may actually try to make a game one day before competition is closed :).

Technically true - but don't do this just to win by default, if there are no other entries!

Icey

I thougt...never mind. Ok, I'm going to make a short MI game.

Atelier

About five days left - how's progress everybody?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk