Troll Song

Started by CaptainD, Wed 05/09/2012 23:40:14

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Sure!  Check your PM  ;-D  However, I think that for the moment, we do not require any more playtesters after Selmiak!

The full team:

Koodn - Programming, graphics
CaptainD - Storyline, game design, voice acting
KingSeamus - Music
Viking - Music, voice acting
LTGiants2000 - Testing, voice acting
TheBitPriest -  Testing
Splat44 - Testing
Selmiak - Testing

m0ds

I only really caught a glimpse at AdventureX but I am certainly intrigued by Troll Song and will definitely play the demo when there is one. Nice stuff and thanks for presenting CaptainD!

CaptainD

Aw man, no-one remembered that there was a playable demo at Adventure-X, even you!  (But I'd be surprised if you can remember anything much with the amount of running around and organising you had to do!!).

Anyway I'll be putting up a playable demo of Troll Song on the AGS games page really soon.  Watch this space!

CaptainD

Demo now released!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1644/

I just have to warn you - this IS a very short demo.  But it should give you a nice feel for what the game is going to be like and you have the full introductory cut-scene, which no-one apart from those who saw the game's presentation at Adventure-X will have seen before.

Incidentally, we're now calling the episodes "verses - it seems appropriate for a game entitled Troll Song.

Tabata

He, he, heee - that was cute!

"ME WANT MOOOAR!"

I like to play with trolls (laugh)

Hernald

I like this! The non-standard actions are a clever touch and the artwork suits the subject.

CaptainD

@Tabata - I'm not sure sure Trolls (even civillised ones!) would appreciate being referred to as "cute"...  :P
@Hernald - thanks, from the start I wanted to do something a little different with this game and happily it looks like it'll work well.  Tino's artwork has brought my ideas to life wonderfully.

Tabata

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 24/01/2013 12:17:04
@Tabata - I'm not sure sure Trolls (even civillised ones!) would appreciate being referred to as "cute"...  :P
Well, I am pretty sure they wouldn't.   (laugh)
But their behavior, "talk" and look is so - ahem - ...   CUTE :grin:

Take it as a big compliment that you and your team were able to make me like them ;)
good work, really!

Fitz

You girls will swoon over every grunting brute with an underbite ;)

LTGiants2000

I played the demo well before I was involved in this project in any way and it's pretty awesome, I must admit. I love the custom SCUMM interface, it adds a cool new dimension to a classic system! Can't wait to play more of it!

CaptainD

A nice review of the Troll Song Demo has appeared on AdventureGamers.com.

(At the bottom of the first page of the freeware round-up - http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/24053)

CaptainD

The weird thing is, there are a couple of commenters over on Adventure Gamers who are actually encouraging me to think of charging for this even though I've always said it will be freeware.  Perhaps they think we will make a better game if we ask for money for it?

LTGiants2000

I've PERSONALLY never had a problem with an independent developer selling ANY of their games so long as the price = the quality & effort put into the game. If the game is $1 it will probably (and should be) a shorter, less deep experience. Adversely, if the game is $5-10 it should be full length, deeper and offer a longer lasting experience than the previous.

Just my opinion.

CaptainD

Sorry, I know this is resurrecting a really old thread but there is a good reason.  Clod is ready to SMASH once more!

After a long hiatus, Troll Song is back in production.  Dualnames is taking over the coding mantle and AprilSkies will be our new artist.  Development isn't likely to be spectacularly rapid, but we would be looking at getting the full Verse One released within a few months.  I'll update when I have more info.

The episodes will still be Freeware.  Once the final episode has been released however, we will be putting it all together as a single game, adding content to what's already there as well, and releasing that commercially.  That's going to be a long way off, but just to let people know the plan.  You can read more about our new team members in this post on the dev blog].

Andail

Good news, CaptainD!
With so much talent on board you're headed for success :-D

selmiak

These are exiting news! Keep us posted! ;-D

Peder 🚀

Amazing news CaptainD! :)

Tabata

That's great news!

CitizenParagon

Really excited for this. Will be waiting with bated, mossy breath.

Paul Franzen

I've been waiting for more new on this! Glad to hear it! I'm glad you're considering a commercial release, too--your game's got such a unique hook that I feel like you've got a good chance at success.
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk