Troll Song

Started by CaptainD, Wed 05/09/2012 23:40:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

This looks very nice! Keep it up!

selmiak

now selmiak like lots more! ;-D

AprilSkies

I'm having a lot of fun making the gfx for this game.

I especially had fun making a top-down town, I'm going to show you "cropped" (in Dave's style).

I wanted to make my personal homage to Ultima VII (as you can see in the "prospective" of the buildings)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

cacaro

That looks fantastic!

AnasAbdin

I love this :-D what a great team! The top view is awesome. I love different camera positions in adventure games. Keep up the good work 8-)

CaptainD

Thanks cacaro and Anas! :cheesy:

Really happy that people are looking forward to this.

A little more news:
- a native Linux version is planned to be released simultaneously with the PC version
- an official welcome to Bicliotti, who has joined our test team

CaptainD

A more conventional view... but beautiful graphics!  (Zoombable just for Selmiak :P)

[imgzoom]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-N9gUQ4Pfo6Q/VGZ0mT3BgXI/AAAAAAAAd5U/W59bKhUeYC0/s1600/In%2Bthe%2BGarden.png[/imgzoom]

Monsieur OUXX

This is so (apparently) simple, yet so damn pretty. *jealous*

Fizzii

Lovely stuff. Good to see the game coming along so well :)

CaptainD

Thanks both!

@Monsieur OUXX - yes, as you guessed, the apparent simplicity is rather deceptive.  A fairly deep game with strong characterisation in here (at least that's what I'm aiming for).
@Fizzii - thanks again for your voice actor tip - Jesse has done an incredible job with Clod's voicing, but he's enthusiastic about helping the project in other ways too. ;-D

splat44

Great graphics CaptainD!

I also received an email from AprilSkies tales game creator and She helping you with graphic.
You might adding her among credits in beginning of original thread.

AprilSkies also asked my interesting in joining test team and as well with troll song, since I'm already in and so we can be on same page, of course I'm still interested in helping out as usual. It possible she might remind you by email. Good luck in present this in AdventureX London!

CaptainD

Hi Phil!

Firstly, for Andrea's sanity as this isn't the first time it's happened... AprilSkies is a guy!   :grin:

I did PM all the original testers when we restarted development, but maybe you didn't get yours?  Anyway would be more than happy to have you back on board!

Updating the first post is a good idea, I'll get it done soon, but in the meantime there is a credits page on the dev blog.

AprilSkies takes most of the credit for the awesome graphics, though koodn has to take a lot of credit for creating the first location and awesome art style in the first place.

miguel

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 22/11/2014 09:38:56

Firstly, for Andrea's sanity as this isn't the first time it's happened... AprilSkies is a guy!   :grin:

We all know that, we're only messing with Andrea (a name that in Portuguese IS feminine)  :=
Jokes aside, this looks really good guys, great job! That top view is unique in AGS and beautifully made.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

AprilSkies

@Miguel: and even if it was a male name in Portuguese, we all know how easy is to lose "male attributes" in Portugal (laugh)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

PLEASE don't let Miguel turn this into another orchiectomy thread... (wrong) (wrong) (wrong) (wrong)

To bring this back a little more to the point...

[imgzoom]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-n_dAs-jSU-w/VHBxPcQ_CEI/AAAAAAAAd_o/tAjcaOePQbc/s1600/Playing%2Bthe%2BDrums.png[/imgzoom]

Bavolis

These guys demand an Abbey Road poster. The game looks fantastic!

CaptainD

Thanks Bavolis.  Coming from someone who's own game looks so utterly awesome, that means a lot! :cheesy:

miguel

QuotePLEASE don't let Miguel turn this into another orchiectomy thread... (wrong) (wrong) (wrong) (wrong)
Will not, you guys deserve all the respect in the world, keep it up!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

CaptainD

Thanks Miguel - I appreciate it! :grin:

I would also appreciate it if those interested in the game could hop over to the Dev Blog and cast their vote on how soon they would like to see the Verse One freeware game released (this will effectively replace the extremely short demo that already exists, but with the higher quality voicing, hint system, etc etc already in place as it will be in the full game.  It is, basically, the first part of the full game.)

Also, thoughts... for those that have played this, should it be possible (in the full game) to actually skip verse one completely?  I'm pretty torn about this idea.

splat44

Hi Dave, I looked at credit page, so there some constancy, I think by using my data as others. example first, last name and splat44 in ( ) should do.

Again, looking forward working on this project. 

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 22/11/2014 09:38:56
Hi Phil!

I did PM all the original testers when we restarted development, but maybe you didn't get yours?  Anyway would be more than happy to have you back on board!

Updating the first post is a good idea, I'll get it done soon, but in the meantime there is a credits page on the dev blog.

AprilSkies takes most of the credit for the awesome graphics, though koodn has to take a lot of credit for creating the first location and awesome art style in the first place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk