Troll Song

Started by CaptainD, Wed 05/09/2012 23:40:14

Previous topic - Next topic

AprilSkies

Winning another Best Demo Award you should change your nick into CaptainD-emo (laugh)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

No, I am NOT going to call myself CaptainDemo, because we ARE going to get Captain Disaster, Troll Song etc finished and released! :-D

Guys - I'm really pleased to see that there's so much interest in Troll Song, and AprilSkies, bad suggestions for nicknammes aside, has been doing some amazing artwork for it.  Soon I'll nag Dualnames into putting it all together.  TS has been in hiatus for longer than I care to think about, but it's making up for lost time atm!

KodiakBehr

Call me first when you need testers!

CaptainD

I'm not going to post too many screens as obviously don't want to show people the whole game before they play it, but... take a peek here.

Driven Bats

I gotta say, the name Troll Song is what made me check out this thread, and the art is what made me look for more. You really got a nice-lookin' game here!

The demo is cool, and reminds me of the point-and-click puzzle-solving adventures I loved as a kid. I dig the background music, too. Can't wait to see more!

CaptainD

Thanks Driven Bats!  Glad you liked the demo, think you'll like the full game much more. We're really trying to make something that's unique but still reminiscent of the old LucasArts classics, so I'm really glad it reminds you of the older games. :-D

Myshkin

"Small stone come back!"

Looking forward to this one :)

AprilSkies

Quote from: Driven Bats on Thu 27/03/2014 22:18:03
I gotta say, the name Troll Song is what made me check out this thread, and the art is what made me look for more.

Knoodn did a wonderful job here. Art is what hooked me... then I tryed the game and fell in love.
Working on Khoodn sprites I've been even more impressed: small details are amazing.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

Tried to stop myself but couldn't... AprilSkies' artwork is too lovely to keep to myself!

Getting close to the point where we can send Verse One out to the testers...  (KodiakBehr and Paul Franzen have joined our testing team btw - welcome guys!)

Yes, Dugg is picking his nose in the screenshot - he does that.  Which also leads me to introduce oraxon as the voice of Dugg. 

More news soon...

Slasher

QuoteYes, Dugg is picking his nose in the screenshot - he does that.
Yukky bugger (laugh)

Lovely colour tones/shades by AprilSkies ;)

Gurok

Played the demo. I really like the work so far. Great stuff. Very smooth graphics and lots of work on the transitions. I love Clod's roars. Looking forward to playing the whole thing.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Tabata

YAY - cool news of the progress and a wonderful screenshot - can't wait to get my hands on this

miguel

Great graphics and palette, I kind of wish that a C64 Barbarian would show up and start kicking some butt!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

CaptainD

Thanks all for your interest!

(Miguel... no plans for a Barbarian, but perhaps we could fit in a Goblin who sells onions?)

Just a quick update - testing is going well, and I've handed over the voicing of Clod to Jesse Lowther (many thanks to Fizzii for the tip!). Lots of little improvements made to the interface, animations, etc as a result of testers' feedback, as well as a few bug fixes.  All looking good so far!

Hobo

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 06/05/2014 12:40:34
Miguel... no plans for a Barbarian, but perhaps we could fit in a Goblin who sells onions?
Don't worry, Miguel, we'll just have to mod the game after its release:
http://i.imgur.com/DCkG1oV.png
This is what you guys had in mind, right? Barbarians and gobliiins?

Good to hear that things are progressing well. The demo was awesome and I can't wait to play some more.
Also, Jesse Lowther sounds pretty nice.

CaptainD

It's been far too long since I did an update post.  So...

Verse I is complete, Verse II is getting very close to completion, Verse III is being mapped out.  (In case you didn't know or had forgotten, there are 5 verses in total in the game).  Since Jim and Andrea joined the team we've been moving forward at a nice pace.

Just a couple of screenshot segments for you whilst you wait...

[imgzoom]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NA0TNufebRQ/VF83kMzrvvI/AAAAAAAAd04/z5kp1Cq-iZc/s1600/ALCHEMIST_GARDEN_segment.png[/imgzoom]

[imgzoom]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0shx4fUjhlE/VDGnWxazWlI/AAAAAAAAdXg/SFUokUeGmMc/s1600/Screenshot%2Bsegment%2B5th%2BOctober%2B2014.png[/imgzoom]

See you at Adventure-X!

[imgzoom]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pn3BId_i6JM/VDk4bMgxaYI/AAAAAAAAdcs/BY4D5uihHkU/s1600/Troll%2BSong%2Bfor%2BAdventure-X.png[/imgzoom]

The Dev Blog has also received a little bit of a facelift.

NickyNyce

Looking great. Keep up the good work everyone.

AnasAbdin

Great to see progress :-D love the new media. Keep up!

selmiak

looking great, but I'd love to see them even bigger. Y U NO USE IMGZOOM?

CaptainD

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 09/11/2014 13:06:13
looking great, but I'd love to see them even bigger. Y U NO USE IMGZOOM?

Just for you, I've edited the post and made them all zoomable.  :wink:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk