Come drink with me in London!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Wed 12/09/2012 11:48:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Janet and I are going to be joining Ben Ward and Dan Marshall (of Size Five/Zombie Cow) at a pub in London on the 18th and we're inviting any indies/developers/friends to come along. If you're in the area, please do so! The details are here: http://www.sizefivegames.com/forum/index.php?topic=4606.0

Andail

If you feel like extending your journey to scandinavia, we have a brand new guest room here in Göteborg waiting for guests!

Privateer Puddin'

Hmm, a Tuesday. Maybe, I do have the Wednesday off.. any other AGSers going?

AGA

magintz

I'm going... puddin', if someone wanted a place to stay i might be able to offer up a couch
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

m0ds

Sounds fun! Though I doubt I'll be able to make it. Have a good time!

Technocrat

It must be fate, I shall be in London then, so there's no sensible reason not to go! Sounds like it's going  to get a little crowded!

Quote from: m0ds on Thu 13/09/2012 10:09:10
Sounds fun! Though I doubt I'll be able to make it. Have a good time!

Don't worry, I can represent the whole Summerbatch!

AGA

Quote from: Technocrat on Thu 13/09/2012 15:25:46
It must be fate, I shall be in London then, so there's no sensible reason not to go! Sounds like it's going  to get a little crowded!

There were about 30 of us crowded around one table to meet Ron Gilbert in London in 2005 or whenever it was.  I doubt the other Mr Gilbert will be quite as cramped.

Eggie

Huummmm, I have the whole first half of the week off.
How'm I gunna show my face around all these successful people though?

AGA

Aren't you still only 15 though, Eggie?  Are you allowed in pubs?

Eggie

I'm still 12, luckily I had the common sense to draw myself a fake beard with one of those trusty Berol handwriting pens that 12 year olds always have so I'm golden.
Speaking of me being 12, didn't I once initiate a vicious rivalry between me and Puddin' on IRC? Could we put ever aside our hatred long enough to be in the same pub?

Privateer Puddin'

Is that a thing? I can't remember that being a thing.

Just in case: I hate you.

Ali

I'd doing something near Soho this evening, so hopefully I'll get a chance to buy you guys some peanuts.

Dave Gilbert

Heading over now! Hope to see some of you guys there.

m0ds

To quote Andail not the entire internet: pics or it didn't happen!  :=

Ben X

This was great fun! I met Dave, Ali, Berian, magintz, Dan Marshall of Size Five Games, and some guy called Chris Pumaman or something. Did I miss anyone out? It was a veritable AGS Allstars!

Dave, please airbrush my double-chin out before posting any pics.

Eggie

The forums weren't loading for me to check the venue.
Sorry I didn't come, guys. Sorry I ruined the entire day :(

AGA

I ended up having to hunt around to find it.  I actually found a link to Ben and Dan's forums, where the venue was being discussed.

Ali

I was only there briefly, but it was very nice to say hello to Ben & Dan and Dave among others.

Interestingly, although Dave's blog says he's short, in real life he is actually low-res.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 18/09/2012 22:44:40
pics or it didn't happen!  :=

I ended up having to hunt around to find it.  I actually found a link to Ben and Dan's forums, where the venue was being discussed.

I posted that link in my original post. :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk