The most F*****d up movie you've ever seen?

Started by Mouth for war, Fri 14/09/2012 19:43:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Yeah I need some tips people...I'm a hardcore horror fan, but nothing bothers me anymore...Just had a few beers and watched Traces of death...again...(although not a horror but still pretty sick) and felt nothing. I need something really sickening people!!!! :D haha
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

EKM

No idea.

Try a movie called "A Serbian Film."

Mouth for war

Yeah that's also a pretty messed up movie!

Eric

Gore without some kind of psychological or emotional element is pointless to me, no different than seeing Wyle E. Coyote flattened by a rock. I am more haunted, and for much longer, by films that evoke feelings of despair, emotional pain, and misery. For instance, Come and See (1985) is a much more "f****d up" movie than anything that Eli Roth could possibly imagine.

Mouth for war

Yeah well...Eli Roth sucks pretty hard hehe! I like "fakeomentary" films like Paranormal Activity also...but that's because of my own unexplainable experiences I've had in my life!

Eric

Other recent standouts include Dogtooth, and Taxidermia, which was recently brought up in the guess-the-screenshot thread. You might want to check those out if you haven't seen them.

Domino

The Human Centipede and The Human Centipede 2. Enjoy.

Calin Leafshade

Grim

Brain. Dead.

Most f***** up film ever, and it's made by Peter Jackson, too!!!:)

Armageddon

Eric

If you liked the movie version of The Road, you should read the book by Cormac McCarthy. And if you want truly "f****d up," read his Blood Meridian.

Ponch

Son of the Mask. I could not sleep for weeks afterward.

Eric

You're the second person this week to mention Son of the Mask, and so I've been Baader-Meinhof'd again.

an Urpney

If you want something messed up - try Salo or 120 days of Sodom loosely based on Marquis de Sade's novel.
If you want interesting take on horror and mythology - try first two Hellraiser movies.
If you want hard gore, try: Guinea Pig series (espetially one with a mermaid - that's the third one if memory serves), Cannibal Ferox or Cannibal Holocaust.
If you want something classic - you can try Freaks.
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Chicky

Confessions is good, also Marebito and Dreamhome. The first death scene in Dreamhome is a bit tasteless, it was too much for me but you may enjoy it Mouth for war. Shamefully i quite liked A Serbian Film, not for the content but the artsy camera work and the terribly uncomfortable atmosphere. I won't watch it again in a hurry.

an Urpney

Quote from: Chook on Wed 19/09/2012 00:23:27
Shamefully i quite liked A Serbian Film, not for the content but the artsy camera work and the terribly uncomfortable atmosphere. I won't watch it again in a hurry.

Funny you mention this one, as I found it completly unatmospheric and boring. Rubber doll at the end made me laugh and I don't think that was its intention. Just another medicore shocker.
An Urpney.

Mouth for war

Thanks guys! I've already got a lot of the films mentioned here but there was a few I'm gonna look in to :D

Dualnames

I've seen all of those movies suggested, and they hold no handle to the following director and movie.

ALEXANDER JODOROWFSKY'S

THE HOLY MOUNTAIN

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_k8oaeHsnc[/embed]

He makes David Lynch's films seem like teenage comedies. Trust me, you've seen nothing like it. Watch the trailer. It'll convince you.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ilyich

Dualnames, I was just thinking about suggesting The Holy Mountain and Alejandro Jodorowsky's work in general! Not only is it weird as hell, it is also absolutely brilliant, which is a rare combination. Oh, well, since I'm too late to suggest that, I'll have to think of something else...

Okay, here we go - Love Exposure by a strange japanese director Shion Sono. It's not exactly a shocker, but it's a bizarre and magnificent 4-hour long tour de force about faith, love, martial arts and panty shots. For a more gruesome and disturbing affair you can also watch his Suicide club, altough it's not nearly as good.

Also, while we're still on the subject of weird Japan - Takashi Miike. Odishon and Ichi the Killer would be my main choices, but there's a lot of nutty stuff in this man's collection.

Peter Greenaway is another good candidate if you're in a mood for an intensely intelligent art-house kind of disturbing. My pick would be Zed and Two Noughts - it has some of the most memorable scenes in film history, in my opinion, and is generally quite unforgettable, despite being quite a mess. The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover is also a classic.

an Urpney

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 19/09/2012 19:28:16
I've seen all of those movies suggested, and they hold no handle to the following director and movie.

ALEXANDER JODOROWFSKY'S

THE HOLY MOUNTAIN

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_k8oaeHsnc[/embed]

He makes David Lynch's films seem like teenage comedies. Trust me, you've seen nothing like it. Watch the trailer. It'll convince you.

Never understood what the monkey means.
Excellent piece of cinematography, but you need to be in the right mood.
An Urpney.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk