The most F*****d up movie you've ever seen?

Started by Mouth for war, Fri 14/09/2012 19:43:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper Carnival

Tetsuo: The Iron Man
[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uROMTzJsfOI[/embed]

You're welcome. There are also two sequels.

Tamanegi

Now that someone has mentioned "Suizide Club", I must throw Uzumaki into the mix. I didn't really enjoy it, but it can compete in weirdness.
Don't Look! MAGS 12-2010
Mediocre Expectations Current development blog

cat

Yeah, Uzumaki is great. It's very weird, although I've heard that the comic is much better than the movie.

gaarias

A serbian film.

Slaughterhouse vomit dolls is also fucked up but kinda boring.

Calvaire (Fabrice du Welz) has a creepy atmosphere.

an Urpney

If anybody's up for pure gore, Bloodsucking Freaks from Troma might do.
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Armageddon

Battle Royale was awesome, pretty messed up though.

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 19/09/2012 19:28:16
I've seen all of those movies suggested, and they hold no handle to the following director and movie.

ALEXANDER JODOROWFSKY'S

THE HOLY MOUNTAIN

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_k8oaeHsnc[/embed]

He makes David Lynch's films seem like teenage comedies. Trust me, you've seen nothing like it. Watch the trailer. It'll convince you.

I watched the trailor with the sound muted and laughed a few times... No idea what this is about.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Frito Master on Thu 27/09/2012 07:07:09
I watched the trailor with the sound muted and laughed a few times... No idea what this is about.
From what I saw, I'd have to say even the writer/director had no idea what it was about.

Matagot

Holy Mountain looks like my kind of film!!!!!

I really love watching unusual films - I'll check out Holy Mountain  :grin:

Salo: or 120 days of Sodom is a fantastic film. Very disturbing and one of the few films that manage to make me almost puke (especially the scene where they all dine on excretement).

A Serbian Film is definitely one of the most f$%&ed up films ever.

One film I'll add is Anti Christ. The soundtrack is one of the most creepiest I've ever heard and some of the scenes (especially the genital mutilation) is quite shocking.

I'll also add Eraserhead, which is my fave film ever!!!! I watched that when I was very young and it traumatised me for days.

The Secret Adventures of Tom Thumb is another favourite f£$%ked up film of mine.

Dualnames

I thought Eraserhead was weird, then I stumbled upon Holy Mountain. Made it look like a romantic comedy/drama.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Matagot

Quote from: Grim on Fri 14/09/2012 22:58:04
Brain. Dead.

Most f***** up film ever, and it's made by Peter Jackson, too!!!:)

Braindead is absolutely awesome!!!!
So is Bad Taste.

(laugh)

selmiak

hmmm, it's getting gorier here, what about tokyo gore police? Weird stuff and lots of gore with a better (and still really fucked up) story than most other gore flicks (besides the two peter jackson movies).

and also everything gaspar noe did is really intense and fucked up :D

Blackthorne

The Hottie and the Nottie, starring Paris Hilton, is pretty fucked up.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

FrankT

Apologies for reviving the thread, first of all - is it allowed? I'm not sure... but it has taken me a few months to decide on a definite answer.

"The Legend of the Titanic". An animated movie (not to be confused with "Titanic: The Legend Goes On", that one with the rapping dog). I mean - not only is it an insult to the thousands who died on that ship, but everything about it gives me the shivers!! The art! I don't know how to describe it - it's just downright scary! And they make the claim that a terrorist gang (comprised of sharks) destroyed the ship via that frightening dog-nosed octopus! And somehow all of the characters who are killed come back to life at the end. Not to mention that graphic depiction of a dog peeing on the captain's shoes....

This film... is THE STUFF OF NIGHTMARES. I dare you to watch the Nostalgia Critic's analysis of it and tell me afterwards that you won't be able to sleep tonight!!!

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xe-3EqEF3A[/embed]

TheBitPriest

I'm thinking that since it's Rumpus Room, it's OK.  ...or at least that's going to be my excuse when someone complains that I'm jumping on the bandwagon. :-D

[rumpus on]
The Hobbit HFR.  No, seriously.  It's Peter Jackson's scariest film to date.  I almost fell into a fetal position in the lobby on the way out of the theater.  If you want to see something messed up, see the Hobbit.  If you want to cry uncontrollably, see the HFR edition.

Ok... maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...  Although it is a horror movie in the making.  If the next movie slaughters the franchise any more, an undead Tolkien is going to begin the zombie apocalypse.   Stay away from Oxfordshire.  Unless your Mouth of War...

...and looking for that sort of thing.
[rumpus off]

Cuiki

Quote from: FrankT on Fri 04/01/2013 18:27:18
I dare you to watch the Nostalgia Critic's analysis of it and tell me afterwards that you won't be able to sleep tonight!!!
Yeah, that guy's face will give me nightmares for days, not to mention his voice!

The animated movie, however... yeah, it seems awfully retarded, to such an extent that it actually becomes kinda funny. But scary? Really? :P

QuoteOk... maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...  Although it is a horror movie in the making.  If the next movie slaughters the franchise any more, an undead Tolkien is going to begin the zombie apocalypse.   Stay away from Oxfordshire.
Heh, you really think the Hobbit was that bad?  ;-D
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Anian

Quote from: TheBitPriest on Fri 04/01/2013 19:50:13
The Hobbit HFR.  No, seriously.  It's Peter Jackson's scariest film to date.  I almost fell into a fetal position in the lobby on the way out of the theater.  If you want to see something messed up, see the Hobbit.  If you want to cry uncontrollably, see the HFR edition.

Ok... maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...  Although it is a horror movie in the making.  If the next movie slaughters the franchise any more, an undead Tolkien is going to begin the zombie apocalypse.   Stay away from Oxfordshire.  Unless your Mouth of War...

...and looking for that sort of thing.
I really didn't get what the 48fps did for the picture. The 3d was still blurry when the camera was moving and motion being more fluid was really not something I noticed.
I read Hobbit before LOTR books and the illustration really gave me an image of a hobbit that's different link, the only image of a hobbit plus following a story on a map was a real experience for my young mind. First LOTR book sparked my imagination even further with a cover such as this but it's downhill from there, no real emotional connection that maybe left me violated by this movie.

They stretched the story reeeeeeally bad. Hobbit is a smaller book than any one of the LOTR books and they made it into the same format of 3 films. It's not that there's nothing going on, but there are so many parts which just follow each other without any point to the story or much cohesion between them, it's just a sequence of events and now there's two more years to see the story finished. LOTR movies (even though they're also really boring at parts) at least had a culmination and some sort of wrap up at the end of each one.

Oh, btw they still haven't really explained why a moth would summon giant hawks (it happens in the Two towers as well) and it just seems like a blatant deus ex machina which is kind of more masked in the books. And Gandalf is at one moment awesome and powerful and then weak in the next - the guy breaks a giant rock in two, blasts 50 goblins away by hitting his staff on the ground and then he runs into a tree from a pack of wolves. While I think it's cool when wizards are shown as being more wise men with a few tricks than all powerful beings, that's kind of the only thing that ticks me of (everything else was just "ok").
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ghost

The Theatre Bizzare... has its moments.

FrankT

Quote from: Cuiki on Fri 04/01/2013 20:04:21
Quote from: FrankT on Fri 04/01/2013 18:27:18
I dare you to watch the Nostalgia Critic's analysis of it and tell me afterwards that you won't be able to sleep tonight!!!
Yeah, that guy's face will give me nightmares for days, not to mention his voice!

The animated movie, however... yeah, it seems awfully retarded, to such an extent that it actually becomes kinda funny. But scary? Really? :P

Well... yes. I had nightmares from something so simple as Test Card F, you know!

Cuiki

Quote from: FrankT on Sun 06/01/2013 15:35:40
Well... yes. I had nightmares from something so simple as Test Card F, you know!
Heh yeah, that does look a lot scarier.
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk