The most F*****d up movie you've ever seen?

Started by Mouth for war, Fri 14/09/2012 19:43:48

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 19/09/2012 19:28:16
I've seen all of those movies suggested, and they hold no handle to the following director and movie.

ALEXANDER JODOROWFSKY'S

THE HOLY MOUNTAIN

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_k8oaeHsnc[/embed]

He makes David Lynch's films seem like teenage comedies. Trust me, you've seen nothing like it. Watch the trailer. It'll convince you.

Was going to recommend this too. It's not really disturbing, just extremely weird

Mouth for war

Haha i had forgotten about this thread. I'm not easily shocked or sensitive, but one movie made me feel really uncomfortable. Antichrist by Lars von Trier. The mood and the stuff that went on in that movie was really heavy
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

milkanannan

Lol I've got the next week off. Going to download as many items from this thread as I can. I plan to be a different person after watching that much weirdness.  (laugh)

KyriakosCH

Depends on what you mean by "disturbing". Most seem to have posted revolting or gory, eg A Serbian Film, Martyrs etc.

A very good Czech-French animation titled La Planete Sauvage sticks to mind, though. It has a decent story, but the atmosphere is nothing short than brutal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkIAkDsiUoo
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

cat

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Tue 26/03/2019 17:35:25
A very good Czech-French animation titled La Planete Sauvage sticks to mind, though. It has a decent story, but the atmosphere is nothing short than brutal:

I've seen this movie and recommend it.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Surreal wise Holy Mountain is one of my fave movies,  if there are any fans of feel of that sort of movie I would recommend The Color of Pomegranates

Eraserhead was pretty fucked up too

KyriakosCH

The first two Hellraisers (already mentioned) are certainly the best in the series - though this is mostly because the rest are utter garbage.
They do have a few interesting moments.
I don't like Lynch, for a number of reasons. While his cinematography is very elegant, his themes are both repetitive and very particular (in most of his films the plot revolves around a physically abused female).
Inland Empire is my favorite of his movies, though once again he manages to Lynch it to the same motif more or less, albeit imo a bit more subtly that time...

Jack

Quote from: Chicky on Wed 19/09/2012 00:23:27
Shamefully i quite liked A Serbian Film, not for the content but the artsy camera work and the terribly uncomfortable atmosphere. I won't watch it again in a hurry.

Then you will probably like 13 Tzameti. It's a messed up film itself, with the same artsy feel, but doesn't try so hard to be disturbing.

Quote from: Ryan Timothy B on Fri 28/09/2012 02:09:03
[about The Holy Mountain]
From what I saw, I'd have to say even the writer/director had no idea what it was about.

True, I am pretty sure it's just a director that loosely stitched together scenes that looked good to him.

milkanannan

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Tue 26/03/2019 19:53:55
Surreal wise Holy Mountain is one of my fave movies,  if there are any fans of feel of that sort of movie I would recommend The Color of Pomegranates

Eraserhead was pretty fucked up too

Yeah my wife and I randomly watched The Holy Mountain not even knowing what it was. By about minute 7 we were both cracking up so hard just based on how unexpected everything was. The rest of the film was one big acid trip.

TheFrighter

I think Nekromantik of Jorg Buttgereit is really disturbing.

_

Danvzare

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I think a good contender is A Serbian Film.
Someone showed it to me, saying it was the most messed up film ever, and the most horrifying because of it. Personally, I laughed. I actually watched it with my sister (her boyfriend was the one who suggested it) and she actually laughed with me. So I guess I'm from a family of psychos.

I've probably watched a film that I've consider more messed up, but it's not currently coming to mind. I have watched my fair share of... weird films. And personally, weird always strikes me as being more messed up than shock horror. Because weird just makes you go "What the f*** did I just watch?"
I think portions of The Star Wars Holiday Special fulfill that criteria quite adequately. Now that film was messed up. Not as messed up as A Serbian Film though.

KyriakosCH

I tried to watch the first human centipede, but if you start your film with that scene (dogs and then the guy with german custom to use the forest as toilet) you can't seriously expect people to keep watching  :=

Blondbraid

Quote from: Jack on Tue 26/03/2019 20:43:43
True, I am pretty sure it's just a director that loosely stitched together scenes that looked good to him.
It reminds me of the rumor that when Zardos (the movie famous for having Sean Connery running around in nothing but tigh-high boots and a red diaper) was filmed the director was so high on cocaine that not even he could remember what it was about.

While I've never liked movies with lots of gore, torture and shocking/disturbing content for the sake of it, if short movies count I'd say Don't hug me. I'm scared is a good example
of using lots of surreal imagery with some gruesome horror elements to good effect and manages to be equal parts scary, thought-provoking and fun. (there are six videos in total, here's the first.)

Cassiebsg

Somehow Trainspoting comes to mind... if nothing else but for the toilet scene (most admit that it's been so long that I've seen the movie, that the only thing left in my mind is that scene  8-0 )...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

dactylopus

I love this film.  It's a huge influence on me.  And the soundtrack is fantastic!

As far as an actual fucked up movie, I recently saw one called We Need to Talk About Kevin from 2011 that was really fucked up.

Cassiebsg

Oh, I've seen that one... and yes, very scary in a non-fantasy horror way.  8-0
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

KyriakosCH

Quote from: dactylopus on Fri 29/03/2019 07:10:13
I love this film.  It's a huge influence on me.  And the soundtrack is fantastic!

As far as an actual fucked up movie, I recently saw one called We Need to Talk About Kevin from 2011 that was really fucked up.

I didn't like that movie (the Kevin one) at all ^_^

Slasher

The most horrid movie would be watching you lot in an ags film  (laugh)

KyriakosCH

Some of the so-called "Greek Weird" films are messed up. For example this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_qc9stiWMk

Though i personally don't like Lanthimos.

milkanannan

I saw Requiem for a Dream in my early 20s and yeah was kind of a wrap on the day afterwards.  (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk