E.L.F.

Started by Slasher, Fri 21/09/2012 21:03:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

E.L.F.      And soon the darkness...

Stop a demented witch from banishing daylight!!!

PLEASE IGNORE AND WAIT FOR FINISHED GAME

Demo chapter 1... Recommend you wait until full version completed.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1608 (Revised version uploaded)

Face to face with the evil witch who speaks poetically!

Seeing the witch in a mirror!

Can you navigate though a spike field?

Shadow1000

Is this a concept or demo game? I got to the end in about 5 minutes and didn't really face any puzzles or challenges. I found 2 areas that I could not access (stairs and door in the wall) but didn't need to do either to complete the game.

SHADOW

OG

Congratulations on the release. I can really see the potential here. You set the scene well with the music/fx to create atmosphere. The puzzles were different and well thought out considering. Keep working on your graphics and story telling, definite potential to create something interesting in the coming chapters. 

My only critical advice would be - The magic carpet is given easily and early in the game, unsure if this was only in place for means of testing or what. It kind of nullifies the game because the player can just use the carpet and end of instead of undertaking the puzzles to get there. I'de suggest fixing that and uploading it again.

If you need a hand with anything give me shout.

Slasher

Shadow:

QuoteIs this a concept or demo game? I got to the end in about 5 minutes and didn't really face any puzzles or challenges. I found 2 areas that I could not access (stairs and door in the wall) but didn't need to do either to complete the game.

Reply: Unfortunately I forgot to remove start with carpet. Have uploaded revised game.

Do doors need a handle on them? Is there another way to open them?

This is only chapter 1.

If people would like to see more then I'll carry on.

Onker:

QuoteMy only critical advice would be - The magic carpet is given easily and early in the game

Reply: See reply above about carpet. If people would like to see more then I'll carry on.

Thank you for your comments and hopefully you'll play revised version.

New version:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1608 (Revised version uploaded)

cheers

RetroJay

Hi Slasher.

Congratulations on the release.

I have to say that I have only just started E.L.F. (Haven't even got past that horrible spider, yet. Yuck!) 8-0
I like the feel of your game. (The music and sound, that you have chosen, gives a spooky feel.)
For a first game, I like what I see.

Jay.

Slasher

Cheers RetroJay 

I hope you downloaded latest updated version

8-)

RetroJay

Indeed I did, Slasher.

I will play it more tonight, whilst I am supposed to be working. :-D

Jay.

Shadow1000

Ok, played the new version. This is a nice start and looking promising...looking forward to the completed game :)

SHADOW

Slasher

Thank you Shadow,

I want to make each chapter better then the one before (fingers crossed)

cheers

Slasher

Hi

couple of bug type things sorted in chapter 1 and will be included in the full version later.

RetroJay

Hi Slasher.

Just wanted to let you know that I completed your game.
I enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing what happens next.

I found a small bug:
Spoiler
After I had killed the spider, with the fly, I went up the stairs... No problem. I came down, again, to look at the loom. After that I couldn't go up the stairs.
[close]

Maybe this is one of the: "bug type things sorted in chapter 1 and will be included in the full version later."

Thought that I would metion it.

Yours.
Jay.

Slasher

Hi Jay

Yes, this has already been sorted. Thanks Jay.

If people don't report bugs found to the author then they are letting the community down.

Keep an eye open for the full movie  (laugh)

Thank you for your message.

cheers

slasher

Slasher

Work is in full steam mode and there is now a title:

E.L.F.

'And soon the darkness.'

Progress: 30%

Slasher

E.L.F. And soon the darkness...

Spooky tale of an elf out to stop a demented witch!

NEW: Can you navigate through a Labyrinth and at the same time slay a Minotaur?
     Do you know how to mix color potions?

Game progress 60%

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk