A Matter of Some Gravity (Maniac Mansion Mania: Episode 77)

Started by FrasierCrane, Tue 02/10/2012 15:49:01

Previous topic - Next topic

FrasierCrane

Maniac Mansion Mania: Episode 77
A Matter of Some Gravity

Story
It's the summer holidays in Ronville and it has been raining for weeks. The perfect time for Bernard Bernoulli to work on his newest invention, which is able to abolish all known spatial boundaries. After its completion he wants to proudly present it to his neighbor Hoagie - but is this really a good idea?
Play as the dynamic duo Bernard and Hoagie and bring them both down to earth again - because in the end, it's only a matter of some gravity.

Download
A Matter of Some Gravity

Features
This is episode 77 of the neverending german adventure game series 'Maniac Mansion Mania', originally released in August 2009 and now brought to you in a full HD English translation. Accompany Bernard and Hoagie in a never before seen adventure taking place in Bernards...em...house and experience their struggles in an epic battle against, well, their weight that can only be won by carrying around a lot of stuff while solving twisted puzzles (but I'm sure you dwellers of the AGS forums like your puzzles that way, don't you?).

This is my first AGS game and I'm certain my translation is far from perfect but I hope the game is still enjoyable.

You don't have to have played any previous 'Maniac Mansion Mania' episodes but you won't get some inside jokes and, quite frankly, trite running gags that makes the series as beloved as it is among those twenty-something fans.  ;)

Now, grab the game, have some fun and fasten your seatbelts - so that at least you will stay down to earth.

Note: The game was inspired by Don Rosa's Scrooge McDuck comic "A Matter of Some Gravity", first published in 1996.
"Who dares enter the dark labyrinth of the human mind?"

cat

Funny coincidence, my game Head over Heels is also inspired by this very comic (laugh). One of my favourite Donald & Dagobert stories ever. As soon as I have some time I'll play your game.

Bòógieman

I played this episode in German when it was originally released and I really enjoyed it!  ;-D
>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

FrasierCrane

@Bòógieman: Thanks! :)

@cat: I played your game back in 2010 and I remember that it was a really great, little game. I assumed while playing that you were inspired too by Rosa's comic - seems to be a very inspiring story. ;)
"Who dares enter the dark labyrinth of the human mind?"

cat

I just finished the game in the German version. I like how you mapped the original story to the world of MMM. The setup with those two characters that are not only very different, but in this game also literally contrary, was hillarious. I also like the precise programming, when switching between characters the other one is still displayed correctly.
Some of the puzzles were rather difficult and I needed a walkthrough several times (but I'm not very good at puzzling).

A few things that could have made the game even better:
*) a special "climb" verb would have been great for this game.
*) a few more animations because there is so much climbing going on.
*) a few more hints regarding the puzzles.

Thanks for this fun game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk