Illegal exception

Started by MaHusemoen, Wed 02/11/2022 13:38:13

Previous topic - Next topic

MaHusemoen

Hello.
I have a problem with running my game in the AGS editor. Every time I try to run it, I get this error message:

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x00487E37; program pointer is +25, ACI version 3.5.1.7, gtags (0,0)

I have no idea how this happened since it ran fine earlier today. I tried to run it after adding some new sprites, and the editor stopped running. And when I tried to run it again I got this error message.
The only thing that I might think could have something to do with it, is that I now have the game files stored on an external hard drive instead of locally on my computer. But I don't know how likely this is.

Crimson Wizard

Judging by the error code (EIP), this has something to do with the game update, the possible suspects are:
- animated buttons
- mouse cursor gfx
- audio

Perhaps this information may be used to guess the latest change in the game that is causing this. For example, one common thing is dynamic sprites that were assigned to an object (or button) and then deleted without unassigning them first.

On another hand, 3.5.1 has got more patches since, the latest available is 3.5.1.22. There's a chance that this engine error has been fixed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk