[RELEASED] Astroloco: Worst Contact

Started by MurrayL, Mon 29/10/2012 22:34:43

Previous topic - Next topic

MurrayL

Quote from: Revae on Sat 10/11/2012 03:29:51
That's some mighty fine pixel art you got there.

Thanks! As you may know from subAtomic and Plan M, we love it so much that we scale it by up to 800% on-screen. Just so you can really appreciate those pixels.

I mean what's the point of spending an hour putting a pixel in the right place if you aren't going to have it be 3 inches across on-screen?

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 10/11/2012 13:07:43
Didn't this guy appear in LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean?

I've been told by our lawyers to say "absolutely not" and then wink.

MurrayL

Woo! New pictures!

There's a trailer coming soon - we're just waiting for some boring administrative stuff before we release it!

Matagot

I really like the style of this game!
The characters look almost South Park-ish.

MurrayL

What? What's that? A trailer you say?!

OH, YES.

>> Watch it on YouTube <<

MurrayL

Thanks to IndieGames.com for posting about Astroloco on their blog!

Speech is being recorded, sounds are being added... release is getting closer every day!

CaptainD

Adventure Game Release... truly, the Final Frontier!

MurrayL

Arr! 'Tis a good day to die!

MurrayL

We've got some snazzy custom promotional cards done up, all fancy like, for Adventure X 2012!

If you're going, make sure to stop by and pick one up!

CaptainD

Groovy!  Resistance really is useless.

MurrayL

Hey, it'd be SUPER COOL of you guys if you could go and help Astroloco get onto Steam via Greenlight!

Here's a link to our Greenlight Page!

MurrayL

It's not up on our Greenlight page yet, but here's a top-secret super-sneaky look at some of the voices you'll become acquainted with during the game!

[embed=853,480]<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Sh8ThQvlFu4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Sh8ThQvlFu4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/embed]

selmiak

:D
<3 that shady guy in the shadows!

m0ds

I didn't get to investigate your game nor chat to you chaps properly but I've just voted on Greenlight and was impressed to see all the interest in it at the event. Thanks for participating!

CaptainD

I got the chance to have a chat with the crew and muddle my way through the first bit, looks really fun!  Murray's writing is quite similar to my own in some ways (I know, that's a horrible thing to say about anyone...)  There's a mini-game early on in the game which it's now my mission in life to complete. :)

Yeppoh

I love the dialogs in this game. Great job on that. It also fits the artwork perfectly in my opinion.
For the short part I played in the demo I really had lot of fun with the characters. I can't wait for the release.

MurrayL

We've hit 20% on Steam Greenlight so far! What a great Christmas present :)

If you've not popped by to lend us a hand, please consider giving us your 'Yes' vote at HungryPlanetGames.com/Greenlight!

MurrayL

If you didn't get a chance to play Astroloco at Adventure X, you may be pleased to hear that the official demo should be coming out over the weekend. It features all of Act 1, and forms a great introduction to the characters and plot of the full game.
On the other hand, if you did play at the event, there's still an incentive to try the demo - the full complement of voice acting and sound effects is in place (along with a handful of minor tweaks to the gameplay based on feedback)!

I'll be posting an update with download locations when the demo drops - if all goes according to plan, it'll be available from our newly minted IndieDB/Desura page and the official website.

MurrayL

The demo is now available from the website (http://hungryplanetgames.com/) - Download Link, and from the AGS database here.

Please let me know what you think, and don't forget to pop by our Steam Greenlight page if you enjoy the demo!

bicilotti

That was one hell of a demo! Very funny and exquisite voice acting, good job!

Ibispi

Hi MurrayL,
I have just played the demo. The game is very good!(well from what I've experienced from the demo)
I really like the voice acting, and I think it is a very important element of this game as it makes the dialogues better.
Keep up the good work!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk