AGS Awards 2012 - Remember remember and never forget! + Call to action!

Started by , Thu 01/11/2012 20:35:39

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Don't you forget!

Hello gamemakers!

I am writing to remind you all that, if you want to be eligible for the AGS Awards 2012 you must add your game to the big database before the year is over!

So, if you haven't already, add your game now!

Help the awards!

<@AGA> Okay, since bicilotti is apparently dead, and I have no idea who's meant to be presenting the next award, I'll do it.

This was taken from last year's IRC log. My connection quality hasn't improved since then, so I am looking for a volunteer to hand over the organisation of the Awards, which includes:

• starting a thread about them Awards
  • politely (and not so politely) asking AGA to activate the nomination and voting pages!
  • harassing people until the play & vote!
  • hosting the IRC ceremony

Since it would be his/her first year as a host, I would be more than willing to help if the need arises. If you are interested, post here!

pcj

Let me just say, that even with your connection issues, last year's awards were a lot of fun and I for one am very appreciative of the work all of you put into it. Looking forward to another great time for this year's!
Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

Sughly

Bah, I'm retarded and screwed up a lot of my db entry for Anna's Quest. I can't seem to edit it, probably caus I put my name in wrong or something :( Who does one talk to about fixing my mess?

bicilotti

Quote from: Sughly on Mon 05/11/2012 01:26:22
Bah, I'm retarded and screwed up a lot of my db entry for Anna's Quest. I can't seem to edit it, probably caus I put my name in wrong or something :( Who does one talk to about fixing my mess?

Probably PM'ing Benevolent AGA (or posting in Site & Forum Reports).

Quote from: pcj on Sun 04/11/2012 23:35:28
Let me just say, that even with your connection issues, last year's awards were a lot of fun and I for one am very appreciative of the work all of you put into it. Looking forward to another great time for this year's!

Thanks! If only my ISP felt the same... :-D

m0ds

Looking forward to it bici! Sughly, try the Anna Quest page again, hopefully you should be able to see 'Edit this game' button now?

Sughly

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 05/11/2012 04:41:42
Looking forward to it bici! Sughly, try the Anna Quest page again, hopefully you should be able to see 'Edit this game' button now?

Yeppers! Thanks mOds! (And sorry for spamming with my own drivel in here)

SSH

I notice that someone needs to take over the Pick of the Month, too. Hasn't been updated since July.

AGA

Ben tried a few weeks ago, but the page was broken.  It'll be fixed (already is, in fact) In the New Versionâ,,¢.

Probably easier if I just make it use the same user access system as everything else though, so anyone who volunteers can do it, rather than just handing over a password...  So yeah, any more volunteers?

bicilotti

Since there was a grand total of 0.0 volunteers, I've asked AGA to check wheter the 'nomination page' still works. I will open a 'for your consideration thread' as per last year, hoping that something (someone) emerges over the next weeks...

We need someone to take over the Pick of the Month, too.

Plz apply (or at least plz visit Italy).

AGA

The Pick of the Month is being taken care of, don't worry about that.

As for the noms page, I'll sort that out today or tomorrow.  Didn't realise you were planning to start on January 1st; the AGS Awards usually don't happen until much later!

bicilotti

Quote from: AGA on Mon 31/12/2012 21:44:49
The Pick of the Month is being taken care of, don't worry about that.

As for the noms page, I'll sort that out today or tomorrow.  Didn't realise you were planning to start on January 1st; the AGS Awards usually don't happen until much later!

I will open a 'for your consideration thread' tomorrow. Nominating will begin much later, so don't feel under pressure!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk