Afrika Korps - A community roleplaying adventure in 1942

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/10/2012 10:09:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

I'm still intrigued by the setting and story. Any chance you could turn this into a proper AGS game one of these days?

WHAM

Everything's possible, Ponch, but with a new game starting developement yesterday and four major projects (He Watches, LaSol 2, Infection 2 and one unrevealed project) on the backburner I'm not sure what to do with this. Afrika korps was designed to be pretty open-ended. There was going to be an antagonist, but I did not know what that antagonist might be. Mummies, aliens, allied agents and desert raiders were all possible and their appearance would have depended on the player input received throughout the game, in a way, the game would have reacted to player input in a more complex way. In a proper AGS game I would have to shape the story more actively and set more rules and limitations on how the game can proceed, and so far I've found that pretty difficult.

I have always wanted to make a game sort of like this, one in which the player gets to play through some sort of world war 2 -related event from the point of view of a german soldier, as that is a point of view that, to my knowledge, has never been properly explored in videogames, let alone adventure games (I have no mouth and I must scream is the closest counterpart, I think, and even there the experience was depicted as mental torture).

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

miguel

> really thanks for this game WHAM, I loved all parts of it!
> really loved how we got together cracking jokes!
> really knew the stove was actually Helga!

I'm sad that you don't have time for it but I understand why. Best of luck with your projects.
And now I have to change Avatar again!!!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Baron

>leave lamp

Oh wait, it's all over....  See what happens when I don't keep up with the forums for one week?!?  It's a good thing I didn't invest a lot of emotional attachment in this character and story-world.... oh wait.  ;)

Anyway, I want to wish you the best of luck with your new games: focus is definitely a necessity if you want to get some serious work done.  These interactive adventure games have been really fun -somebody should start another one.  With camel spiders.  And line-art dinosaurs.  And zombies!  Lots of zombies!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk