MAGS November: "Novel" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Wed 07/11/2012 19:37:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Quote from: MAGS Host on Sun 09/12/2012 17:53:08
Exploration A by Perspicacity1
From Hell's Hart, I Is Stabbings by Ponch
The Old Man and the Sea by TheBitPriest

My vote goes to The Old Man And The Sea, for I find it has the best gameplay of the three.

selmiak

got the coffee in TOMATS (lol) and
Spoiler
filled the tuna into the carboy but somehow can't give it to Santiago
[close]

Ponch

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 10/12/2012 18:02:06
My vote goes to The Old Man And The Sea, for I find it has the best gameplay of the three.
Gameplay? That gives it the edge over my game.  :wink:

TheBitPriest

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 10/12/2012 22:13:51
Quote from: Radiant on Mon 10/12/2012 18:02:06
Gameplay? That gives it the edge over my game.  :wink:

I think "community theater" was a creative idea! 

TheBitPriest

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 10/12/2012 19:11:31
got the coffee in TOMATS (lol) and
Spoiler
filled the tuna into the carboy but somehow can't give it to Santiago
[close]

Did you also try...

Spoiler
marinating the marlin?
[close]

By the way, I'm not sure if this is within the boundaries of the MAGS rules or not, but I updated the link with a version that includes a load/save mechanism. 

MAGS Host

Quote from: TheBitPriest on Tue 11/12/2012 04:59:20
I updated the link with a version that includes a load/save mechanism. 

:-\ It's ok to update a version which fixes large bugs but I'm not too sure about this one.

I think it's unfair on everybody else to improve gameplay or cosmetics when voting has already started, no matter how transparent you are about it, which I appreciate :) The cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if people make little changes all the time without ever saying anything.

Please could you switch back to the original version that was uploaded?

TheBitPriest

Will do!  No intention to cheat... After voting is done, I'll put up another version with fixes.  I'm still learning the customs, etc. of the community.   

Radiant

Quote from: MAGS Host on Sun 09/12/2012 17:53:08
• PM this account with your vote, before Mon 17th December.

So who won?

MAGS Host

Well we only got 4 votes but all were for The Old Man and the Sea. Congratulations BitPriest!

I'll PM you shortly.

Edit: Hmm... maybe the low turnout was because I didn't change the topic title to VOTE?

Ponch

Once again, I'm denied my moment in the MAGS spotlight.  :cry:

Congrats BitPriest. A well-deserved win.  :smiley:

TheBitPriest

Wow!  Thanks...  Four people like it!  Now to upload a version with the spelling fixes (oi... I should have gone back to check that first...  :-[), a few animation tweaks, and load/save implemented.   After playing through a few times, these things really started to bug me.  I'm sure they bugged others too! 

Personally, I really liked Ponch's idea.  A much more manageable approach to the theme...  My thought process was: What novel has very few characters, is very short, and can be conveyed with only a few backgrounds?  Of course, even with these constraints I had to make some cuts for the deadline.  Even so, I really enjoyed getting into "The Old Man, etc."  Reading and re-reading it was a great experience.  I'm convinced that it's a deep and highly symbolic book.  But who knows...  Hemingway left us an enigma for his final work. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk