Can you solve this riddle?

Started by Renodox, Fri 09/11/2012 07:04:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

It took the rest of her life.

Mike had gone missing and in fact had died.
Midnight is a metaphor for the end of Jane's life. And when she got to heaven Mike was waiting for her (smiling because he's in Heaven).

Or something like that. Haha.

Mandle

No, if this was that complicated I would have put it in the Black Stories thread.

There is a trick hidden in the riddle. Once someone finds it they should know instantly that they have the correct answer.

If someone does find it maybe they should just post the answer without explanation. Knowing the answer proves that you have solved the riddle anyway.

This gives others a chance to continue and also a hint about what they might be looking for.

Here's the riddle one more time so you don't have to go back a page:

Jane and Mike played hide and seek.

Jane found Mike at midnight just joking and smiling.

How long did it take Jane to find Mike?

Kweepa

273 days.
Spoiler
Just long enough for Jane to have a baby. Weird game of hide and seek!
[close]
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

dayowlron

Then I dont guess it will be 12 or 24 hours because they come out of the cuckoo clock?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

CyberUncleCat

She didnt find Mike. He came out himself.

Kweepa

Hint removed :P

Mandle

Well done, Kweepa!

Although I think your second hint might be a bit of a giveaway. Maybe save it for later after a few more people get to have a try?

Mandle

Quote from: Kweepa on Mon 27/11/2017 19:58:13
Hint removed :P

Thanks, mate. Like you said in PM the riddle has a nice "Aha!" moment when you solve it and I wanted to give a few more people a chance at that feeling. Also I'll probably never come up with another riddle as good as this one again so I want to milk it a little longer (laugh)

So yeah, if people could just give their answers but not the method of solving or any more hints that would be great for now!

Cheers!

CyberUncleCat

It took her entire duration of time she was joking and smiling?

Kweepa

I don't think anyone is going to guess...
I'll post a new riddle and people can continue to guess at yours in parallel :)

20 men were taken into a darkened room.
One man was killed.
A lamp was lit, but the other men still couldn't see.
What was going on?

Mandle

Quote from: Kweepa on Wed 29/11/2017 05:28:44
I don't think anyone is going to guess...

Well, you solved it so surely someone else can too, right?

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough that you had actually solved it.

So...

KWEEPA SOLVED THE JANE AND MIKE RIDDLE!!!

His answer was:

Quote from: Kweepa on Mon 27/11/2017 14:51:07
273 days.
Spoiler
Just long enough for Jane to have a baby. Weird game of hide and seek!
[close]

Can anyone else figure out why this is the correct answer?! (It's time for spoilers (but not from Kweepa) but please hide them)

In the meanwhile let's work on Kweepa's new riddle...

CaptainD

The obvious answer to Kweepa's riddle is that the other men are blind - is that it?  (It doesn't explain the "what is going on" part admittedly.)

Mandle

The darkened room is a movie theater and the lamp that was lit is the light of the projector?

The man that was killed was JFK and the movie theater is the one Lee Harvey Oswald tried to hide in?

dayowlron

I am not sure of the answer to either riddle but Mandle, JFK was not killed in a movie theater and doesn't explain why the other men could not see. Abraham Lincoln was killed in a theater but again does not explain why the other men cannot see. I tend to lean toward CaptainD's answer, but agree it doesn't explain the "what is going on" part.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Stupot

Regarding Mandle's puzzle the best I can come up with is that 'midnight' means 'straight ahead' (like in the movies when they use clock times to describe the position of a foe). So Mike never hid and was right in front of Jane the whole time. So the answer is: no time at all.

Regarding Kweepa's riddle: is it a firing squad or execution where all 19 men are blindfolded so none of them know which of them actually executed the 20th guy. Not sure where the lamp comes into it though.

Kweepa

No one has solved the riddle yet.
Hint: The man that was killed was separated from the others first.

Mandle

Were the 19 there to witness the man's execution and the lamp signalled that the electric chair had been turned on?

Still doesn't explain why they can't see. Maybe the electric chair overloaded the wiring and the lights blew out?

Hmmm... this idea reminds me of The Green Mile. Maybe it's the execution of John Coffey? (laugh)

Nobody else is close to the solution of my riddle yet. ;)

I would give more hints if Kweepa hadn't already proved it can be solved without hints. I will after a bit longer though.

Kweepa

Mandle, that's not it.
Hint for my puzzle:
Spoiler
The men were all redheads.
[close]

Mandle

Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Your hint did the trick! I got it!

Spoiler
I'll PM the answer for now to avoid spoilers
[close]

Kweepa

Mandle solved the riddle of the 20 men in the dark! Congrats!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk