MurrayL

selmiak

probably NOT a christmas tree...

Baron

Quote from: Renodox on Sat 24/11/2012 22:07:20
...To fly a distance free...
Quote from: MurrayL on Sat 24/11/2012 23:06:34
An aeroplane?

Nothing is ever free on an aeroplane.  Besides, they sometimes end up in trees when they crash.

I'm thinking it's fat girls.  "Bird" is British slang for girl; "flying" can be a synonym for spanning, and indeed they can span some considerable distances at no cost; and fat girls are never EVER in trees, although sometimes they are found lying near felled timber....  As for naming the particular fat girl... well, that could lead to a whole world of politically incorrect fun.  Who's for it?

Stupot

Air stewardess/hostess.
She's a bird who gets free air travel as part of her job.
I can't comment on her tree-climbing history though :-/

Renodox

No, these answers aren't it.

You're thinking a little TOO far out of the box.

Stupot

IS it an actual bird?
Something that can fly but tends not to nest in trees, like Puffins?

Baron

So it`s just an everyday normal bird, except that it has some sort of tree allergy so gives them a wide berth?

Renodox

Yes, it's an actual bird, but it doesn't have any allergies to trees.

If you need another hint I'll give you one, but only if you ask.

bicilotti

A seabird? A penguin? A pterosaurs?

ThreeOhFour

Babar

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Haggis

What about Ducks / Geese - they fly long distances but never sit in trees (of their own accord)

DoorKnobHandle

Another riddle (dunno if this actually is a riddle):

AABCACACC

I made this code up and I have no idea whether it's incredibly easy, super hard or somewhere in-between to break, so let's see! Can anybody tell me what that means.

EDIT: It's just the 9 characters above, the text before and after has nothing to do with it.

Cuiki

All all bastard cops are cops are cops cops.

Or some really unmelodic sequence of chords.

Or both.
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

DoorKnobHandle

Nope, the first guess I don't suppose was meant seriously, the second one is a neat idea but it's neither chords nor a tone sequence!

bicilotti

Quote from: dkh on Mon 26/11/2012 13:55:12
AABCACACC

I made this code up and I have no idea whether it's incredibly easy, super hard or somewhere in-between to break, so let's see! Can anybody tell me what that means.

What are we supposed to produce to 'solve' this one? A word? A sequence continuation (pretty trivially AABCACACCDECFCFF etc. etc.)?

DoorKnobHandle

AABCACACC stands for a string of characters, like a word, a phrase, a sentence etc., as you say, it holds meaning, too. It's not nonsense or a sequence continuation or anything like that!

EDIT: I should also mention it IS a 'real' usable code. So the people that know how to decode it (which is extremely easy and quick, no calculations or anything necessary, BTW) will be getting the same exact thing you encoded with it! It's not the first letters to a sentence or anything random like that.

Babar

Quote from: dkh on Mon 26/11/2012 13:55:12
Another riddle (dunno if this actually is a riddle):

AABCACACC

EDIT: It's just the 9 characters above, the text before and after has nothing to do with it.
"AGS"?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

DoorKnobHandle

Nope, although I would like to know if there's any method you found to convert AABCACACC to AGS :)

If nobody has it by tomorrow I'll start dropping hints!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk