mkennedy

Quote from: Renodox on Sun 03/11/2013 19:01:09
Although I am much more bright,
I am always measured in candle light.

Spoiler
A star?
[close]

Tinytim

I have a little poser that may just fit this thread.
What is the last thing you take off before you go to bed?
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Adeel

Quote from: Tinytim on Mon 04/11/2013 15:20:07

Slippers? or Shoes?

Tinytim

If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Atelier

The duvet (then get under)?

Tinytim

Sorry Atelier.

I'll change it to " before you get into bed " Any easier?

Tinytim

An electric lightbulb is measured in candlepower

selmiak

one of my feet from the ground?

Tinytim

I thought that change would give it away.Selmiak is close enough:) It's feet off the floor.

Here's another one that may be a bit anglo for some.
There are four flies on a door, which one is; a)wet b)sick c)sticky d)angry.

Renodox

Tinytim

CaptainD

Quote from: Tinytim on Wed 20/11/2013 13:51:41
Was it something I said?

Yes :P - I think it was when you said "There are four flies on a door, which one is; a)wet b)sick c)sticky d)angry." - and no-one had any idea about what the answer was!!

Um... maybe a small hint?  Dunno if it's "too Anglo"; I'm English but that's not helping with working it out.

TheBitPriest

I was trying to figure out an answer using the anatomy of a door ala Anglo lingo.

... but I'm either not creative enough to see how this fits together, or I'm just on the wrong track.

-TBP

Tinytim

TheBitPriest is correct about the anatomy of a door but any clues would give the answer. I'll give you one answer but I don't see that it will help with the rest.
The answer to b) is " the one on the panel " It's an old term for being absent from work through sickness.

TheBitPriest

Was the angry fly "off the handle?"

Tinytim

TheBitPriest is correctomundo The one that fleww off the handle. I thought they were probably the hardest two. Any more guesses?

Stupot

was (a) the fly in the ointment?

TheBitPriest

I might guess that the sticky fly was "on the jamb," but that's relying only on the sound of the word.  Some people call the side of the door the "sticking."  I guess he could be there.  The wet one might be on the mullion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk