Can you solve this riddle?

Started by Renodox, Fri 09/11/2012 07:04:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinytim

Sorry Stupot+ but TheBitPriest is right again. It's all about phonetics. However mullion is wrong.
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Stupot

Oh yeah, I forgot it was supposed to be related to doors.

So... Is (a) in the lock?  (as in the locks you find in a canal)

Tinytim

You're right this time Stupot+ although I've always thought of it as in loch. Well done all(laugh)
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Stupot

Ahhhh I seeee. A loch is the Scottish name for a lake. So I was wrong.  I was thinking of this kind of lock

Tinytim

No, you're not wrong Stupot+, I just hadn't thought of that more obvious interpretation.

TheBitPriest

I guess we're through that one. Whew! It certainly was a little Anglo. :P  Since I got two out of three, is it my turn, Stupot's turn, or a fault?  How do we work out a riddle solved by team effort?  If one of the other guessers has one handy, go for it, or I'll find one.

TBP

CaptainD

Quote from: TheBitPriest on Wed 27/11/2013 11:57:52
Since I got two out of three, is it my turn, Stupot's turn, or a fault?  How do we work out a riddle solved by team effort?

Wait... is that your riddle?

Stupot

Blade Runner? :D

I don't think we're taking turns in this thread as such, just if you have a riddle, fire away :-)

Tinytim

Okay, another easy one. Three guys go into a restauant and their meal comes to Thirty, £ or $.They each pay Ten but when the waiter goes to the cashier she says the meal should only have cost Twenty-five. Rather than trying to split five between three the waiter gave them back three and put two in his pocket. So the guys between them paid Twenty-seven and the waiter has Two making Twenty-nine. What happened to the other One?

festilligambe

The bill total is no longer 30, it's now 25,, so the 27 paid is the 25 and the extra 2 for the gratuity.
New to programing, old school to adventure games

festilligambe

A man lives in the 20th floor penthouse, each morning he takes the elevator tot he ground floor and walks to work, on rainy days or days other people join him in the elevator he always goes up directly to his penthouse, otherwise he goes up to the 12th floor and then takes the stairs.

CaptainD

Quote from: festilligambe on Thu 28/11/2013 20:32:36
A man lives in the 20th floor penthouse, each morning he takes the elevator tot he ground floor and walks to work, on rainy days or days other people join him in the elevator he always goes up directly to his penthouse, otherwise he goes up to the 12th floor and then takes the stairs.

Um... isn't there meant to be a question?  Or am I missing something here?  (Not unlikely I admit!!)

festilligambe

The question is why, why not take the elevator all the way to the top on days he's alone.

mkennedy

Is it because he's afraid of the number 13?

CaptainD

Quote from: festilligambe on Fri 29/11/2013 02:02:57
The question is why, why not take the elevator all the way to the top on days he's alone.

Ah, I see.

Because the stairs are outside the building and he likes to get the exercise as long as he wouldn't get wet or appear rude to others sharing the lift?

selmiak

I know the answer. won't tell ;)

Crimson Wizard

I too know the answer :-)
Although in the puzzle I knew it wasn't the rain (hint alert)
Spoiler

, but certain item he carried (not related to weather).
[close]

Renodox

On the American Independence Day Penelope was murdered
In August Roy was killed
On Labor Day Ibsen met his untimely end.
People thought they were safe till on Halloween Carl died.
Everyone could be thankful on thanksgiving because the murder was caught in the act of trying to kill Emily.

What was the murderer's name?

Stupot

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Stupot+ on Fri 29/11/2013 20:42:39
@Renodox - Santa Clause?
Santa Claus     (don't let the Tim Allen "Santa Clause" movie fool you)  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk