Can you solve this riddle?

Started by Renodox, Fri 09/11/2012 07:04:12

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Quote from: dayowlron on Mon 18/12/2017 20:19:05
Sorry I missed my turn but I Never really got Mandle's riddle.

If you read down the first letters of Mandle's puzzle you get T(Tab)QWERTY - QWERTY is a common acronym for a computer keyboard due to being the first letters of the top row of alphabetical keys (although I believe in Europe the AZERTY layout is more common, so if you're from a country that doesn't use the QWERTY layout it would make less sense.

"When one of us fails... every last one is doomed" is I guess a reference to if one key stops working, most likely the entire keyboard will be thrown away.

Stupot

A blacksmith who betrayed some arthritic young ladies.

Kweepa

Stupot, dayowlron, not there yet...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Andail

Spoiler
The ear (anvil bone). People pierce their ear lobes.
[close]

Kweepa

Yep, that's it!
(Was it easy? I couldn't tell...)

Andail

New Riddle:
Look at me and you'll see you, or something else when morning's broken
You'll see your spirit when I'm close, when you have sighed or spoken

The rhymes are a bit rushed because I didn't have too much time for this.
I hope it's really hard and that nobody gets it, and I'll never give any useful hints either, as a revenge for that she-was-hiding-until-she-gave-birth-riddle :angry:

dayowlron

Not sure the riddles have to rhyme.
I am going to guess a window? (just to throw something out there)
It at least kinda fits the riddle.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

CaptainD

Andail

Daywiron was correct. Damn, I made it far too easy...

dayowlron

Wasn't that it was easy but it was the first thing that came into mind when i was reading it.

Here is mine and might require a bit more knowledge than the average Joe, but it is something I learned at a young age so shouldnt be too bad.
Probably going to be a very easy riddle:

I am made up of two parts.
Either part standing alone I can be dangerous, However when my parts are combined together I make something necessary to sustain life.
What am I when I am together?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

mkennedy

Quote from: dayowlron on Wed 20/12/2017 20:11:59
Wasn't that it was easy but it was the first thing that came into mind when i was reading it.

Here is mine and might require a bit more knowledge than the average Joe, but it is something I learned at a young age so shouldnt be too bad.
Probably going to be a very easy riddle:

I am made up of two parts.
Either part standing alone I can be dangerous, However when my parts are combined together I make something necessary to sustain life.
What am I when I am together?
Spoiler

Salt (sodium chloride) both nasty elements on their own.
[close]

Wyz

Spoiler
I'd say water (dihydrogen oxide); both hydrogen (combustible) and oxygen (strong oxidizer) can be dangerous on their own.
[close]
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

dayowlron

Quote from: mkennedy on Thu 21/12/2017 03:12:00
Salt (sodium chloride) both nasty elements on their own.
I would say both are very good answers and I might have accepted either I was thinking of Salt. Your go mkennedy.

Mandle

Quote from: Andail on Wed 20/12/2017 13:54:07
as a revenge for that she-was-hiding-until-she-gave-birth-riddle :angry:

She wasn't hiding and she never gave birth.

It was the boy that was hiding and the "have a baby" thing was a hint provided by someone who solved the riddle pointing towards the answer of 9 months but otherwise having nothing else to do with the riddle.

Kweepa

A haiku:

Bounteous in girth,
By light under emerald,
Ceylon use prevails.

Kweepa

CaptainD

I've been looking at it as an "each line is the clue to one word" type of puzzle - am I on the right track?  This is where I'm at:

Bounteous in girth  (fat / wide)
By light under emerald, (green)
Ceylon use prevails. (island)

dayowlron

Mandle

Got it!

Spoiler

Big Blue Cup

CLEVER!

Not only do the lines hint at "big" (Bounteous in girth), "blue" (blue comes under green in the spectrum), and "cup" (Ceylon being a kind of tea) but also
Spoiler

The first letters of each word spell "Big Blue Cup"!

(I actually noticed this first and then CaptainD's post made me realize the hints are also in the meanings of the lines and my mind was blown!)
[close]
and it's a haiku (well, it's a senryuu as it doesn't contain a reference to a season).

Very well put together!
[close]

mkennedy

Here is an original Lord of the Rings riddle/joke that I came up with:

"What is the legal drinking age in Middle Earth?"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk