Can you solve this riddle?

Started by Renodox, Fri 09/11/2012 07:04:12

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Was she crying because the cooked seagull was still hot?

Creamy

QuoteDid the seagull taste bad?
Yes.

QuoteWas it edible?
About as much as an albatross I guess (viewer discretion advised)

QuoteDid the bullet hit something or someone else after going through the seagull?
No

QuoteWas she crying because the cooked seagull was still hot?
No

mkennedy

Did she try to eat the seagull because she was hungry and there wasn't anything else?
Was she crying because of the taste?

JackPutter

I think I know this one! Though if it is the one I have in mind, I think the setup was different when I was first told it.

Was the woman a sailor/did she spend some time at sea?

Mandle

Quote from: JackPutter on Tue 22/09/2020 09:51:08
I think I know this one! Though if it is the one I have in mind, I think the setup was different when I was first told it.

Was the woman a sailor/did she spend some time at sea?

I think this one is being left to people who haven't heard it before.

milkanannan

Was there something inside the seagull that caused her to cry?

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Mandle

I know this one!!!

Was the seagull named Johnathon and was resented by his flock but then went off on a spiritual journey after his death and gathered other spiritual seagull followers to his side only to come back to reality and be shot by this woman and then she ate his flesh and realized he was the true seagull savior of the universe and that's why she cried?

Creamy

QuoteDid she try to eat the seagull because she was hungry and there wasn't anything else?
No. But you're on the right track.

QuoteWas she crying because of the taste?
No.

QuoteI think I know this one! Though if it is the one I have in mind, I think the setup was different when I was first told it.
You're the third person to say that. I guess it's quite a popular one.

QuoteWas the woman a sailor
No.

Quotedid she spend some time at sea?
Not quite.

QuoteWas there something inside the seagull that caused her to cry?
No

Quote.
?

QuoteWas the seagull named Johnathon and was resented by his flock but then went off on a spiritual journey after his death and gathered other spiritual seagull followers to his side only to come back to reality and be shot by this woman and then she ate his flesh and realized he was the true seagull savior of the universe and that's why she cried?
That's definitely a different version  :-D

milkanannan

Is she on a deserted island?

milkanannan

Just quoting the original riddle so we don’t have to keep flipping back and forth.

Quote from: Creamy on Sun 20/09/2020 12:43:44

My sister-in-law said me a riddle some time ago:

A woman goes on a beach with a portable stove and a riffle. She shoots a seagull and cooks it. Then she tries to eat it, spits it out and bursts into floods of tears. Why?

You may ask questions and I'll give you a Yes or No response.

Cassiebsg

Was the portable stove broken?
Did she forget to turn it on?  (roll)
Did she found something unexpected inside the seagull?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

BarbWire

I echo the thoughts of Cassiebsg about the stove.
OR....Did the woman have false, or no teeth. Meaning she couldn't chew through the meat.
OR....Has it got something to do with the tide coming in?

Creamy

QuoteIs she on a deserted island?
No. But...
QuoteWas the portable stove broken?
No
QuoteDid she forget to turn it on?  (roll)
No
QuoteDid she found something unexpected inside the seagull?
No
QuoteDid the woman have false, or no teeth. Meaning she couldn't chew through the meat.
No
QuoteHas it got something to do with the tide coming in?
No

milkanannan

Was the seagull carrying something from someone on a deserted island (ie a note)? Perhaps this item was destroyed while cooking?

Creamy

QuoteWas the seagull carrying something from someone on a deserted island (ie a note)?
No

QuotePerhaps this item was destroyed while cooking?
No

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Mandle

This has been going nowhere for a while so I will butt in with one I just came up with in the meanwhile:

Glen was hiding in a room. In the room there are: A closet, a curtained window, and a bed. You checked the closet. No Glen. You checked behind the curtains. No Glen. You checked under the bed. No Glen. Where was Glen hiding?

milkanannan

Interesting one, Mandle. I’m guessing the answer isn’t something obvious like ‘in a room’. Will keep thinking about it.

Creamy, I really would like to know the answer to your riddle. Can you give us a very direct hint or just tack the answer in a spoiler?

Mandle

Quote from: milkanannan on Sun 25/10/2020 04:22:32
I’m guessing the answer isn’t something obvious like ‘in a room’

That is not the answer.

Quote from: milkanannan on Sun 25/10/2020 04:22:32
Can you give us a very direct hint or just tack the answer in a spoiler?

I know the answer to his riddle just in case Creamy never comes back to this thread again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk