Otis Builds a Fire (Now with Voice Speech)

Started by The Suitor, Tue 25/11/2008 16:45:49

Previous topic - Next topic

The Suitor

I was going to wait until December, but I decided to go ahead and release this early.

STORY:
On a very cold and snowy Christmas eve, Otis needs to build a fire to keep warm.

SCREENS:

This is a very short game that I've put together in my spare time. It should be good for ten minutes or so of gameplay. This is also the first AGS game I've released.

EDIT 1/2/2013: Voice Speech added!

Get it here! And Enjoy.

Dualnames

Woo, first AGS Christmas game for 2008..that should put us in the spirit...
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Leon

Congratulations.
Looking good. Nice to get in the Christmas spirit already.  :D

Let you know my findings when finished.

[update] And that was in about 5 minutes. Obvious puzzles but very well presented. Solid game!

Just wondering.... (since I have to moan about something...  ;) )

Spoiler

- You can't use the candle on the logs to light the fireplace.
- You can use the liquor bottle on the sink, but it won't fill up
- You can't close the winecellar
- You can't use the liquor on yourself.... (I was wondering what effect alcohol would have on a ball...  ;D )
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

EKM

Interesting. Is he basically a ball? :D I'll check this out tomorrow.

saluk

Short and sweet.  I loved the scrolling screens and the character's bounce animation. 

neon

Very cute! I like it.

Little bug, but nothing serious:
Spoiler
After filling the cup, you can take a second one. Then you can fill it and it disappears.
[close]

Matti

Cute game. It's so short and easy I'd like to see a more challenging sequel some day.

Spoiler

After using the key you can get another from the little trophy.

If you want to take something from the winecellar it says: "I don't [] anything else".... "need" is missing.
[close]

The Suitor

Sheesh, more bugs than I expected. I'll get on these and have a new version up soon.

Thanks for all the help and nice comments, btw.  ;D

EKM

This is a good and fun game. I like your animations. It's way better than what I can do lol. You should work on a series of shorts starring Otis. Maybe, one for every holiday? Anyway, easy but well worth playing. Good job.

The Suitor

Thanks for all the comments, glad to hear people liked it!

The Suitor

^^ Technically I'm double-posting here. Hehe.

I had some spare time, and for a very very late Christmas gift, I did some voicing for this game.

I never used this function in AGS before, and I figured I'd see what I could do. Bare in mind, I have a horrible Kentucky accent!  :-[

Get it here! Or see first post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk