The AGS Games List Needs Updating

Started by DBoyWheeler, Tue 27/11/2012 01:09:32

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

I already searched if this thread has already been posted, and don't see it.

Also, this has to do with the AGS site, so I'm sure it fits here--but if it's in the wrong spot, I do not object to this thread being moved to the correct location.

Anyway, the games list on the main site needs serious updating--it hasn't been updated since July... so it's four months overdue for an update.

AGA

Firstly, I've moved this to the actual correct place.  Your sureness was wrong!

What do you mean it's out of date?  The games page only updates when people add new games...  Or do you mean the Pick of the Month?

DBoyWheeler

Thanks for moving it to the correct spot, AGA.

I guess the Pick of the Month needs updating, at least, because at least by seeing the new Pick of the Month, I can be reassured that there are new games being added... and that there is activity in the site.

AGA

This page will show you any new games added, which should give you an idea of how active it is.  There are also lists of recent comments, and the top downloads of the last week on each page.

The Pick of the Month setting thing is a bit broken at the moment.  I told Ben I could set it on his behalf if he gives me his pick, but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Meystari F

I can not edit my game. But I forgot to put my name on creditlist. Clumsy me I know. I got a error messages yesterday when I was trying to add my game again and again on the game section. So I didn't know if my game was really added because of the error message I got.

But after I checked it it was on the game section. But not where it should be. It is supposed to be on None-adventure section.

But here is my game.  But I really like to edit the information about how many mb it takes.  But the game is 13.3mb

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1629

LimpingFish

Quote from: Fribbi on Fri 07/12/2012 22:39:27
I can not edit my game.

I've fixed the information, and added you to the credit list. You should be able to edit it now.

In the future, though, it would be best to contact a moderator directly (such as myself) if you have any problems adding/editing an entry in the database.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

cat

There seems to be a general problem with adding games to the database. I struggled myself and I think other people had this too, recently.

AGA

There is an error updating the RSS feed when you add / edit a game, but people don't seem to realise this does not affect the actual adding / editing process.  The error message does clearly say this!

Newly added games are never categorised, Fribbi.  The AGS Rating Panel do that when they give their rating.

timofonic

Are there plans to merging both AGS Archives and this AGS Games list? As this site is going to the AGS Archives hosting too :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk