Gray (E3 version is here!)

Started by Fitz, Fri 30/11/2012 21:08:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldmund

Oho! Gratuluje! Gdzie te czasy, gdy bylem jedynym Polakiem w tej bandzie ;-) The game looks super sweet.

thiezar

Wow! I love those graphics!I'm gonna play it NOW!

miguel

Loving this game. Best AGS game since the Visitor(s).
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Stupot

Grats on release Fitz. Cute game so far. It's pretty sweet what you've done with so few colours. :)

Tinytim

Frodo, I've found that ZipGenius works well.
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Fitz

Arj0n: Thanks for the help. The game would be a real bug-fest without you, guys ;)

Goldmund: Ale to juz bylo - i nie wroci wiecej... ;) Ilu wlasciwie nas jest? Doliczylem sie 4: Ty, Ascovel, KiriHara i ja. Ale to i tak wiecej, niz dziewczyn. Oczywiscie niby 1 na 10 osób w necie to dziewczyna - ale 9 na 10 tych dziewczyn to faceci udajacy dziewczyny ;)

Thiezar: And I just realized the screenshots only show one location :) I should add some more. But right now I'm still sleeping off last week's Gray marathon ;)

Miguel: Thanks :D Incidentally, NickyNyce -- the maker of Visitor -- was one of the betatesters for Gray. We're also forming a secret aliance to take over the planet ;)

Stupot+ : Yeah, and it was FUN making it in a limited color palette. Might stick to it in some future games -- though I'd definitely like to try something new, too.

Tinytim: It seems Frodo's problem lies elsewhere, not the unzipper itself. Working on it.

an Urpney

Quote from: Fitz on Sun 02/12/2012 13:56:22
Goldmund: Ale to juz bylo - i nie wroci wiecej... ;) Ilu wlasciwie nas jest? Doliczylem sie 4: Ty, Ascovel, KiriHara i ja. Ale to i tak wiecej, niz dziewczyn. Oczywiscie niby 1 na 10 osób w necie to dziewczyna - ale 9 na 10 tych dziewczyn to faceci udajacy dziewczyny ;)

MeldujÄ™ siÄ™.

The game looks interesting and I'll have to try it out. That is, when I'm done with everything surrounding my nephew birth today : )
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

miguel

QuoteMiguel: Thanks :D Incidentally, NickyNyce -- the maker of Visitor -- was one of the betatesters for Gray. We're also forming a secret aliance to take over the planet ;)

I knew that, the nude alien 2D art gave it away!
If you guys do team up for upcoming games then we have a winner for AGS, that's for sure.
Both of you are a fresh addition to AGS with tons of potential to be game authors with commercial value. I had the pleasure to tell Nicky that same thing.

Take care, happy game making!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Fitz

an Urpney: As in, an actual human baby -- or your brother's/sister's new game? ;) Just asking, 'cause yesterday I got asked "How's the proud father?" ;)

Miguel: Teaming up with Nicky = definitely a possibility, if you asked me. I need to take some time off from doing something big all by myself, but I'd definitely be up for, say, drawing backgrounds. Also planning to get myself a microphone and make something of my voice acting hobby :) We'll see where things go. Right now I'm still half-zombie -- and cold -- so I'll need a little while to recover.

an Urpney

Quote from: Fitz on Sun 02/12/2012 14:38:57
an Urpney: As in, an actual human baby -- or your brother's/sister's new game? ;) Just asking, 'cause yesterday I got asked "How's the proud father?" ;)

It's a human (well, I hope human) baby : )Game still in pre-planing. Certainly will check your baby first.
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Frodo

Quote from: Tinytim on Sun 02/12/2012 13:16:55
Frodo, I've found that ZipGenius works well.

Thanks, I downloaded that to try it.  I get no error messages or popups or anything, but it doesn't unzip all the files for some reason.  Very puzzling.  :) :confused:

m0ds

Fitz, yes! Gray is added to the website and I'll make sure your game is playable at the event. Thank you!

Paul Franzen

Yessss! I mentioned this to Fitz in an e-mail before, but to reiterate: that intro is a thing of beauty. I feel like I'm watching an IMAX movie. Amazing what you can do with such a limited palette.
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

Tinytim

Just finished. I'm not a game maker but this was great, so neat and tidy. Thank you, TT
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Fitz

M0ds: No, thank YOU! :)

Paul:  IMAX, you say... Hmmmm! 8-) Think I should do a special, widescreen version - in HD and 3d?

TinyTim: Ladies and gentlemen, the first person to finish Gray! :D

KiraHaraReturns

I finished three days ago, it was an interesting experience

Frodo

Love the grass in the bear scene - how it moves as the bear breathes in and out.  Wonderful!   :grin:

Fitz

KiraHara: You should've told us! Now the Golden Sputnik award went to someone! ;) Pluszowego Graya możesz dostać na pocieszenie!

Frodo: Yeah, I like how this scene turned out :) Coming up with a music theme for it was a toughie, we went over a bunch of ideas and demos before this idea came about -- but then we knew right away this was IT! :)

KiraHaraReturns

@Fitz: yaycks! ;)

JSH

Congrats on the release! Just finished it, I enjoyed it thoroughly :) The dialogue was great, I liked the wacky humor and you really did some cool stuff with your four color palette. Kudos!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk