MAGS December: "Doppelgänger" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Sat 01/12/2012 20:39:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Topic: 'Doppelgänger'

This month's guidelines were set by Radiant:

There are two characters in the game that look exactly alike. What conspiracy is this? Are they simply twins? Is it some wicked plot to clone people? Or are there alien shapeshifters at work? Tune in to MAGS this month and solve the mystery!

Also, the UK Department of Vitaminal Healthiness suggests that each game should contain at least one grapefruit; optional but recommended.

Illustrated this month by the Indonesian Ilham Anas, incumbent President of the United States of America.

Ending 31st December

What is MAGS?

MAGS is a monthly competition for all amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, or provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

You may get help for the competition, although you must end up doing something yourself. You should however be warned that it proves difficult to organize a big team within thirty days. You are not allowed to use material already created before this competition. Your game must be completely new! Music and sound is an exception; you can use free material that is available to the public, if you wish. Modules and templates are also allowed. Please do not enter the competition with a rushed entry (a game created last minute). Sure, you can make a game and rush it - but don't do this just to win by default.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Third, finally, and most importantly, post your game here, including:

? A working download link.
? The title of your game.
? A suitable screenshot.

At the end of the month, the all-important voting will begin! This period usually lasts fifteen days. Should you win, along with announcing the next month's rules, your name and game will be immortalised in the MAGS Archive. Yet hopefully, at the end of the month, the accomplishment of finishing a game will be your greatest prize. For more information please visit the Official MAGS website.

Armageddon

Didn't we already do this, except it was evil twin? I was hoping for something more Christmasy. Might be good though.

selmiak

Icey

Ok I really wanna try to enter this one

Radiant

Quote from: Armageddon on Sun 02/12/2012 02:45:13
Didn't we already do this, except it was evil twin?

Nope :)

(that contest is about a pair of characters of which one is evil; despite the title, they didn't have to be twins or even to look alike)

MAGS Host

Armageddon, icey, did anything come to fruition?

There's just under two weeks left for anybody who wants to enter.

Icey

Yep, I've been working on my game this whole time. I've just been really quiet about the status and stuff.

My Game

Story:100%
Music:60%
Backgeounds:95%
Sprites:90%
Debug:50%

Icey

Pub Master Quest -The Adventure of 2-

Best way to end/start the new year off is with a cold beer from Icey's Pub! Come on peoples!
Download now!

It's 2012 in the world of Senpah, people are still fighting in foolish wars as their world crumbles beneath them. Dave, child of courage has risen up to save the world from the evil Troll Lord. Can he save the world in time before everything is consumed into Oblivion?

*Note this game has absolutely nothing to do with the other PMQ games I make/made. This game sorta follows the events of the real world in 2012.*

The game is v1.0, why?, because of time. :) Ghost, I promise I'll add the SFX in the next update along with other fix.

Atelier

Thanks icey, you're the winner. Shame we couldn't get any more entries but I guess December's always a busy month for people.

Icey

I gotta admit I didn't think I was gonna make it in on time. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk