Mage's Initiation - To Be Released January 30th, 2019

Started by AGD2, Wed 05/12/2012 14:33:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

Reminds me of King's Quest VI : Sierra-style + good-taste hi-res. Looks gorgeous.

AGD2

So, we hit our funding goal a few days back and now have a list of really nice stretch goals posted up (which include extra resin character figures as rewards for existing backers at certain tiers)!

Thanks very much to all who have supported the game thus far, and feel free to check out the page and take a look at our new stretch goals list up the top!

http://kck.st/mages

dactylopus

That's very exciting!

Congratulations, and I wish you the best of luck in hitting your stretch goals!

AGD2

Alright, demo time!

We've released a playable demo for Mage's Initiation;

Download the Mage's Initiation Demo here

Be sure to read our latest Kickstarter update as well!

arj0n

Just played around with the demo, very nice and impressive!

selmiak

yep, I totally want more :D

But the link from the demo to kickstarter didn't quite work. Kickstarter was opened in a new tab but then win7 switched back to the demo which didn't react to clicks. After some alt+tabbing i finally worked again.

AGD2

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it!

We're counting down the final hours of our Kickstarter now. Thanks a TON to everyone who has pledged! We've knocked six stretch goals out of the way and still have 8 hours remaining on the clock as I type this.

If anyone wants to throw in an 11th hour pledge and get their hands on the resin character figures or other neat swag, now's the time. Thanks again. :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2112639455/mages-initiation-a-classic-sierra-style-adventure

AGD2

And it's all over! Finished up with a grand total of $127,765 including PayPal pledges. And we still have the PayPal option open for "slacker backers".

Thanks again to all you pledgers out there. :)

dactylopus

Congratulations!

It's great to hear that you got your funding, and even better to see all of the extras that will go into the game with the stretch rewards.

Good job!  I'm really looking forward to playing the game when its done!

Daniel Thomas

Congratulations, it's pleasure to help such a ambitious project and a team with so many familiar faces in it!
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

arj0n

Congrats, it's already an amazing project.

Sslaxx

Quote from: AGD2 on Sat 23/03/2013 11:07:31
And it's all over! Finished up with a grand total of $127,765 including PayPal pledges. And we still have the PayPal option open for "slacker backers".

Thanks again to all you pledgers out there. :)
How long is PayPal going to stay an option for? I'd like to contribute, but the money situation hasn't exactly been in my favour lately... hopefully I'll be able to contribute in about a week or so.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

AGD2

No worries. :)  The PayPal option will probably be up for quite a while yet. We're actually considering leaving it up until just before the game launches. That way, any new pledges can contribute towards the additional stretch goals that didn't get reached during the Kickstarter.

AGD2

We're running a giveaway to help promote Mage's Initiation on Steam Greenlight.

For the chance to win a huge bundle of collectible items valued at over $450 USD, just follow these simple steps:

1) Visit the Mage's Initiation Greenlight page and click the "Yes" button to upvote the game.

2) Click the "Favorite" and "Follow" buttons (under the screenshots).

3) Leave a comment (This step is necessary so that we can choose winners from the list of usernames assigned to the comments).

And that's it! Three entries will be randomly chosen when Mage's Initiation gets greenlit and this contest will remain open until that time. Comments/votes that existed before the contest was announced will also be eligible to win.

Second Prize: Two runners-up will each be gifted one game of their choice (of any value) to their Steam account.

First Prize: One lucky winner will receive all if the items below:

- 4 Game boxes (Fire, Earth, Air, and Water) containing game and soundtrack CDs
    - 1 Standard DVD Case/copy of the “Mages Initiation" game
    - 4 D'arc Polyresin figures - Fire, Earth, Air, and Water (4" x 3" x 3")
    - 3 Digital Copies of the "Mage's Initiation" game
    - 1 Digital Copy of the "Al Emmo & the Lost Dutchman's Mine" game
    - 1 Digital "Al Emmo & the Lost Dutchman's Mine" soundtrack (53 Tracks)
    - 1 "Mage's Initiation" Poster (18" x 24")
    - 1 "Mage's Initiation" 50-page Hardcover Art book
    - 2 Bronze "Severed Circle" Pendants
    - 3 Complete sets of character trading cards (15 foil packs, 120 cards total)
    - 1 Art Lithograph, Signed by JP Selwood (8.5" x 11")
    - 2 Cloth Maps of the Land of Iginor (11" x 17")
    - 2 T-shirts (Mens or Ladies sizes)

Thanks!

Frodo

Mati256

A bit of a strange move. I don't remember something similar for other greenlights.
My Blog! (En Español)

AGD2

Frodo: We've been talking to GOG about accepting the game, and they'd like to see a working demo once it's further along. Chances are pretty high that they'll accept it when the time comes, though.

Mati256: Greenlight is a strange process (not to mention an atrocious mess of a system). Sometimes you've got to fight strange with strange.

Babar

I did my part in helping it get greenlit (and also maybe winning something :D).
Also, don't you already have a working demo that showcases most of what your game will have? Shouldn't that be enough for GoG? Because I would also prefer to buy it there.

Not sure if this is the right place to mention this, but maybe the combat magic system could do with a little fine-tuning. It all seemed very hectic and haphazard. The rest of the demo was pretty awesome, though!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

AGD2

After a decade of hard work, Mage's Initiation finally has a release date!
Set your calendars for January 30th, 2019.

We also have a new preview teaser video to whet your appetite for what's to come.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CKW-32Qki_k

The game now has a page on Steam and you can start wish-listing it. So be sure to do that and help us spread the word!
We're also (still) in talks with GOG.com about releasing on their platform.

Last but not least, we are currently working on native Mac OSX and Linux ports and hope to have them ready for release day. Fingers crossed.

Here are a few up-to-date screenshots:

Andail

Wow, hehe, that's a nice recovery :)
Well done on keeping this project alive all this time! The trailer looks great!

You might want to edit your first post, though:
QuoteEstimated Release Date:
It is currently anticipated that the game will be released in late 2013.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk