Primordia

Started by Dave Gilbert, Wed 05/12/2012 20:53:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Story
What happened to the humans?

Set in a post-apocalyptic world strewn with cast-off machines, Primordia tells the story of Horatio Nullbuilt, a stoic robot who values his solitude and independence. Horatio spends his days studying the Book of Man, sparring with his droid companion Crispin, and tinkering with the airship they call home — a peaceful existence that becomes threatened when a rogue robot steals the energy source that the pair needs to survive.

When Horatio and Crispin's search for energy brings them to the dazzling city of Metropol, the simple quest to recover their stolen power core leads to unexpected discoveries about Horatio's origins and a new understanding of the legendary humans who walked the earth before him.

Developed by Wormwood Studios
Published by Wadjet Eye Games

Reviews
"There are gameplay mechanics and storylines that have stood the test of time – Primordia is one of those games." (10/10)
The Four Oh Five

"Primordia is one of my favorite adventure titles of all time."
-Softpedia

"Primordia will enchant its guests, leaving a deep impression that will have you wanting more."
-Thunderbolt Games

Screenshots

Team
Art: Victor Pflug (Pinback)
Writing/design: Mark Yohalem
Programming: Jim Spanos (Dualnames)
Music: Nathaniel Chambers (Bubble Pipe Media)

Starring
Logan Cunningham (Bastion, Resonance)
Abe Goldfarb (Blackwell, Shivah)
Sarah Elmaleh (Gemini Rue, Resonance)

Trailer
[embed=640,360] <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0YvWQi_5fsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> [/embed]

Price
$9.99

Where to buy:
Buy it directly from Wadjet Eye Games
Buy it on Steam
Buy it on GOG

Armageddon

Congratulations on another great release, I'll be sure to get it on Steam soon. :-D

MurrayL

Looks amazing - can't wait to play it!

an Urpney

Argh, the
Spoiler
info kiosk riddles
[close]
. Ingenious but hard as hell.
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

kconan

Congrats to Pinback and Wadjet Eye Games, this game is awesome!

m0ds

Congrats on releasing it! It came a long way, I hope to find some time to play it in the new year.

CaptainD

I aim to take a break from game design / creation so that I have time to play this - looks amazing!

qptain Nemo

Bought, started playing. Absolutely bloody superb so far. Graphics, music, writing are all nothing short of awesome. Seriously, this is a rare treat, I must say I expected it to be much less great. I bow to the developers.

arj0n

Playing it and loving it.

Grim

Well done! This year's releases will finally put AGS on everyone's radar!  ;)

Congratulations, guys! I wish you all the best with and I'm full of respect for all your hard work! :)

selmiak

downloading 1GB with 30-70kb/s is a pain. Will start playing once I finished Gray...

arj0n

"Error: Unable to render character 0 () because loop 2 does not exist in view 96"-crash in the room with the running engine outside while
Spoiler
looking at plating and trying the plasma torch on it and then walk right
[close]

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Arj0n on Sat 08/12/2012 22:22:10
"Error: Unable to render character 0 () because loop 2 does not exist in view 96"-crash in the room with the running engine outside while
Spoiler
looking at plating and trying the plasma torch on it and then walk right
[close]

Fixed on day 2! :) Sorry about that. You can either redownload, or avoid the bug by:

Spoiler

Using the "OK" button to exit the inventory screen instead of clicking outside of the window. You only need to do this while looking at close-up screens, like the generator.
[close]

Tinytim

If I said what a fantastic game it would be the greatest understatement I ever made. Finished it but wish it could have gone on forever. Wow! Sequels?
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

DBoyWheeler

Congrats on the new release...

Eh, one of the characters reminds me of Bobbin Threadbare from Loom.

zyzzyvette

I had this game on preorder and was really excited when I got the email with the download link... I think it took me two nights to get the good ending (thanks coffee). Absolutely amazing game, and I would def. buy a sequel if there was one. I think I ran into a couple bugs, but nothing game-breaking. One was the bug Arjon mentioned. The other is, at one point, all the dialogue started skipping forwards really fast so that it was impossible to read. I've run into this same issue with some of the Blackwell games too; not sure if it is a bug in AGS or some special-sauce Wadjet script or what.

Anyway, thanks for making Primordia. Look forward to your next release. :wink:

ThreeOhFour

Sometimes AGS does this to me if I've minimized the window at any point, sadly.

Stee

Press Escape when you alt-tab back into the game. You might have to do it on some text (ie looking at an object etc). And yes it's an AGS thing not a WEG thing.
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

JSH

Congrats on the release, enjoyed it a lot! Finished it yesterday and explored all of the different endings. Great atmosphere, beautiful graphics, good puzzles and plenty of optional stuff to explore. Kudos to the team! Next up is a playthrough with commentary on! :)

I found a crash bug though. It seems to be connected with combined inventory items that are consumed in the process, but the consumed item somehow still remains in the active slot in the GUI at the top of the screen. If you click the item the game will crash since the player character does not have the item anymore.

*EDIT Checked the offical Wadjet Eye forum, guess you guys already know about this crash :)

an Urpney

One little theological note : )
Spoiler

Horus was not a god of death - in Ancient Egypt Horus was a god of Egypt (Lower Egypt and Upper Egypt) united under Pharaoh's reign and Pharaoh himself was believed to be incarnation of Horus (later: son of Amon Ra).
Egyptian god of death, the dead and afterlife was Anubis.
[close]
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk