THE BUM

Started by Gribbler, Fri 07/12/2012 18:00:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

Hello fellow adventurers!

I'm happy to announce my first game, working title THE BUM, which is finally near completion. I started the project over 6 years ago (yep!) but as my graphics skills were pretty poor (and, quite frankly, still are...) it was rather stagnant for most of the time. Fortunately talented background/sprite/animation artist came onboard about a year ago and things sped up.

The game tells a story of a homeless man who communicates with the world using an old sock on his right hand. He's a huge football fan and plays it a lot near his backalley. One day he gets mugged by a wandering bully and looses his precious ball in the process. Now he must pull himself together, team up with a local superhero, find a new ball and confront his oppressor again.

Here are some screenshots:

PROGRESS:
Story 100%
Puzzles 100%
Scripting 90%
Graphics 95%
Sound 60%

Let us know guys what you think. We highly value your opinion.

Thanks!

TEASER TRAILER HERE:
http://youtu.be/Ke7D-vx9qes

TRAILER AVAILABLE HERE:
http://youtu.be/VVUzX_m4A08

ZapZap

"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Ghost

Quote from: Gribbler on Fri 07/12/2012 18:00:39
Now he must pull himself together, team up with a local superhero, find a new ball and confront his oppressor again.

That plot is right up my alley and I am eager to play! Very nice graphics, too, I like the cartoony style

Squinky

This looks awesome!

cat

Love the graphics and the story sounds fun!

CaptainD

Ah, for a moment I got really excited because I thought you'd made a game starring that bum in the airport in Zak McKraken... but this still looks great!  :-D

Tabata

Nice screenies with a lot of interesting stuff to explore
and the story sounds like we will have fun!

Miguel R. Fervenza

I love the plot and graphics. Stunning situation for designing puzzles. Good luck!

selmiak

loving it already :D

Fitz

The first sentence of the plot summary alone makes for an interesting premise. It'd be funny if the TALK cursor was a sock. And instead of in a pocket, he could store his inventory in another sock!

Gribbler

I'm glad you like the artstyle and somewhat abstract plot - protagonist is in fact a sock with a bum "attached" to it:)

JSH

This looks like a fun game filled with plenty of laughs, I like the cartoonish graphics and wacky plot. Looking forward to playing :)

TheBitPriest

Love the look!  Can't wait!

KodiakBehr

I love it when somebody just appears out of nowhere and shows off something they've clearly been working really hard on.  I'll play this for sure when it's ready.

m0ds

What? Oh not me, another bum. Looks and sounds great!

kconan

Wow, this looks awesome!  Good luck with development.

Nixxon

Can't wait to play this one!

Igor Hardy

What is it about bums that makes them such perfect (and lovable) adventure game heroes?

Gribbler

Lol back in 2006 when this project started there wasn't any. How many bum
games are there now?:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk