THE BUM

Started by Gribbler, Fri 07/12/2012 18:00:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

At least sock idea is still somewhat original:) But I remember few years back there was some Mel Gibson movie in which he talked using a plush beaver puppet...

Sslaxx

Heh! Any chance we can get to play just the sock at all in any part?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Gribbler on Tue 11/12/2012 10:39:06
At least sock idea is still somewhat original:)
Not really :D
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1047

But your game looks (and sounds) pretty good on its own, so you should not be bothered by that. Besides, in your game sock is protagonist.

Parafia

Hello to all of AGS forum members.

My name is Lucas and I'm responsible for the visuals, animation and some minor gameplay and character ideas in the game. Also I'm absolutely new to the forum (except for some lurking now and then).
    First of all i want to say how exciting it is for me, to see so much positive feedback to our little project. I want to thank you all for the support and all the good words. To see such a reaction to something that for both of us is a traning tool is minblowing (and a little scary ;) ).
    I love the idea of creating worlds from the ground up. To this day I remember how for me as a kid, those few pixels in Winnie The Pooh for Atari made for belivable and immersive place to have fun in. Then, all the now classic, adventure games came out and made most of my childhood a fun and sometimes scary ride.
    Now we are here, adding our little brick to this great genre and it feels awesome. I hope you will like it, even as a short fun distraction.

Cheers,
Parafia

Gribbler

Hi, guys! Teaser Trailer youtube link is available in the first post.

Fitz

I'm speechless. I think I'm going to need a sock puppet now to express the extent of awe this has left me in :D

Chicky

Great teaser. The humor is just right and i really enjoyed the animations. It feels very LucasArts!

Gribbler

Thank you all for positive feedback. It's very encouraging :)

SarahLiz

Blount

Gribbler

I'm very happy you like the graphics. We're both busy with everyday life (work, family, etc.) but Parafia's working very hard to hit those retro tones. He's spawning great animations one after another. It's sometimes hard to keep up scripting it all:)

Retro Wolf

If you told me this was an old Lucas Arts adventure game, I would have believed you! It's times like these that makes me wish I was better at art.

Matti

This looks and sounds quite nice. Looking forward to it!

Gribbler

Hi guys!

Progress update:

Story 100%
Puzzles 100%
Scripting 90%
Graphics 95%
Sound 60%

We're keeping a steady pace. Here's a snippet of some new artwork which will be included in the game:

Stupot

This looks great. Can't wait to play :-)

Miguel R. Fervenza

http://i.imgur.com/3aI53IY.png

Real Madrid supporter, that explains a lot of things...

Edit by Darth - large quote changed to link

Gribbler

Hi guys!

I have some news. It's both good and bad, depends how you look at it.

So here goes: I've just became a Dad! Yay!:) GOOD! The game will now probably suffer a slight delay... Cause, as all the Fathers on the forum surely know, amount of free time drops considerably with newborns:) BAD!

Nevertheless, I want to assure you that the game is 95% finished, so keep fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Retro Wolf

Congratulations Gribbler! As a father myself I know the impact a child has on your personal time, but It's definitely worth it!

Sslaxx

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

CaptainD

Quote from: Gribbler on Wed 20/02/2013 15:05:02
The game will now probably suffer a slight delay... Cause, as all the Fathers on the forum surely know, amount of free time drops considerably with newborns:) BAD!

Yup, you're definitely right there - it's worth it though  :-D - congrats!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk