Previous topic - Next topic

Midian Design

Get the demo here.

[embed=720,540]http://youtu.be/9j2mpnbXS2s[/embed]

[embed=720,540]http://youtu.be/pt9cDGgH1nA[/embed]

Game by: Danilo Cagliari
Translation: Paul Giaccone
Help & PR: Arj0n
Beta Test: Arj0n, Paul Giaccone, Flavio Soldani, Pan.
Languages: English/Italiano
Resolution: 1024x768 32bit

- Story 100%
- Graphics 100%
- Puzzles 100%
- Scripting 100%
- Music/sound 100%
- Inspirations: Fringe, X Files, The Manchurian Candidate, Naked Lunch.

Features:

- Full voice acting (finally!)
- 2 characters
- Simple, intuitive interface
- Many items to collect, not all of which can be used
- Help button
- Dark humour in a story unsuitable for younger players

Penelope Barker and Aaron S. Reid are agents of the extra-governmental Pandora Global Corp,
which works in parallel with the CIA. Unbeknown to them, they are also guinea pigs in an
ambitious and dangerous project.
In fact, the corporation is experimenting with a modification to DNA that is capable of
altering the faculties of the guinea-pig subjects, thereby granting them powers beyond the
ordinary.

Powers that are suppressed by means of an antidote (administered without their
knowledge while they are in the organisation's offices) and activated by voice command:
from that moment on, the agents act like automata, under the total control of the corporation.
Penelope develops the ability to generate dangerous energy, sending out from her hands
in a beam, while Aaron can bring about alterations to space-time and hence interact
with other dimensions.                         

Unaware of their condition, they set off on one of the missions intended to realise
"Project Apotheosis", the implications of which are unknown to all taking part in
it save Pandora Parlow, the president of the organisation.
The two agents must simply recover ancient artefacts that have carvings that resemble
maps...
When they meet their contact and his colleagues, things escalate: the money in their
possession is found to be counterfeit and they end up being taken to a place that
strongly resembles a prison and are jailed. During the course of events, Penelope
and Aaron discover that the individuals unknown to them up until that time are in
turn members of an organisation based on the same deserted island as the prison.

Now that they are locked up and no longer being administered the antidote, their
powers will be reawoken and will enable them to escape, at least from the prison:
escaping from the island will be much harder. A complete absence of equipment,
the parallel dimensions that impinge on reality and a severe lack of help, given
that the island is sparsely populated, will make the task impossible.

more info @ http://www.midiandesign.com

CaptainD

Danilo, you are a MACHINE.  Just keep churning out game after game... I don't know how you do it!

Midian Design

Thank you CD :)

Bye ;)

Midian Design

CaptainD

Now those are some seriously nice screenies!  ;-D

Stupot

Great screens.  Can't wait to play this :)

Midian Design

miguel

Looks very professional, I do like Fringe!
Good luck producing this game!
I got a warning from my anti-virus while visiting your site...and something was blocked the second time around...
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Midian Design

Thank you miguel, please send me a PM about this warning.

Midian Design

arj0n

NickyNyce

Rissa

Wow, I really like what I see so far. Great that your new game will be fully voiced.

I get a virus warning when visiting your site though...

Gribbler

Is this Gobekli Tepe on one of the screenshots? Intriguing!

cat

Midian Design

Yes it's Gobekli Tepe :) Thank you all guys, tomorrow I'll fix this issue on the site... Damn flash gallery ;)

arj0n

Get rid of simpleviewer and then back to game making, Danilo :)

MUFFINinc

Damn, here I was getting all jazzed up about how nice my 3D is starting to look, and then I had to go and click on this! :~(

Seriously, though, I kid.  This looks like a fantastic game, and I will be following it.  I will probably check out some of your other titles as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk