Captain Disaster in: There's a Hole in My Galaxy

Started by CaptainD, Fri 28/12/2012 20:31:57

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Since I announced the game at Adventure-X I guess I should announce it here too!  :-D

Captain Disaster in: There's a Hole in my Galaxy is another comedy science fiction game starring the hapless captain.  Once more he's put the universe at risk, and again it's up to him to save it.

Imagine, if you will, the love child of Star Trek TNG, Red Dwarf and a strange, surprised looking creature from Alpha Centuri.  Mix it in with a little gameplay that's mostly adventure but with just a hint of space RPG, gulp it down with lots of pizza and cheap bear, and you have some idea what this game is eventually going to be like.  An epically stupid and possibly stupidly epic game set across 3 time zones.

Programming & Graphics by The Bit Priest
Story, dialogues and puzzle design by CaptainD

Find out more on the Captain Disaster Dev Blog

Trailer:

[embed=640,360]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N-2pvqG_pm4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Screenshots:

Captain Disaster in: There's a Hole in my Galaxy - coming to your screens in 2013.  Or some other time in the future.  Or maybe in the past, but you just never noticed.

Hernald

This looks promising! I like the idea of getting the second Disaster game on the move before the first one is released. You keep the momentum going.
Will there be a demo or do we get the full game straight off?

CaptainD

I think it would be difficult to have a demo for this one, so it'll probably be the full game released straight out.  As with most things development on CD hasn't entirely gone to plan, and having had a reshuffle of Team Disaster personnel, we may well not see this one until 2014 - after the commercial game release (Death Has a Million Stomping Boots).

HOWEVER...

There is a third, unannounced CD game in development - it will be a small uncomplicated affair, but that means we should be able to finish it relatively quickly, even while the rest of the team are hard at work on DHAMSB.  ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk