Gold Rush!

Started by FrankT, Mon 04/03/2013 21:43:26

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankT

Now there's an interesting game - comes pretty close to the SCI formula, I'd think. Would there happen to be someone who composed an expanded soundtrack on this game?

AGA

Pretty close to SCI?  It's AGI...

Gold Rush! always struck me as a good game, but I never had the patience to play it properly.  The opening to it just struck me as a bit... real... none of the fun of playing a game.  I don't want to have to carefully plan my expedition so I don't find out days later that I forgot to buy some essential item that results in my death.

Armageddon

Quote from: AGA on Tue 05/03/2013 08:11:02
I don't want to have to carefully plan my expedition so I don't find out days later that I forgot to buy some essential item that results in my death.
Sums up the entire game, I think if you forget to buy a banana you die many hours later.

I've never been able to play an AGI/SCI adventure game past the pretty intro animation. Way too hard for me and the stories are never interesting in my opinion.

Radiant

Quote from: AGA on Tue 05/03/2013 08:11:02I don't want to have to carefully plan my expedition so I don't find out days later that I forgot to buy some essential item that results in my death.
I think the game is closer to Oregon Trail and less to traditional adventure games. Sierra was willing to experiment with their formula, and this is one of the results.

Secret Fawful

I think it's the best game Sierra ever made. It's just so detailed and branching. And I love the setting and premise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk