Something I just discovered

Started by Atelier, Wed 02/01/2013 14:36:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

If you click on the ellipses for threads with 5 or more pages, it expands to show you all the individual ones. Either this is common knowledge and I'm super dumb or I've just freed up countless man-hours. Just spreading the word for any still unenlightened.

selmiak

This was introduced with the smf forum going from 1.xx to 2.x.
The only thing I ever use at all is the new button and likewise the mark as read function ;)

Ponch

Quote from: Atelier on Wed 02/01/2013 14:36:01
If you click on the ellipses for threads with 5 or more pages, it expands to show you all the individual ones.
What? Why was I never told this? What other secrets are being kept from me?

Anian

Yeah, I discovered that rather late as well.
The thing I recently found out, while watching That Mitchell and Webb look, is that "Time gentlemen please" is a phrase for last call in a pub. Though I have never been in a British pub (was too young when I was in London), I couldn't have even known that. 
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ponch

Ooh! AGS Confessions time!

I learned the phrase "put that coffee down. Coffee is for closers" from Larry Vales before I heard it in the movie Glengarry Glen Ross.

I also confused Ben Chandler for Ben Ward for about a year and a half.

I regret nothing.  :P

Khris

Should be fine in this thread:

I just discovered that the small nav/path/link text above and below the forums' main content was changed; the first link used to lead to the forum index, but now it leads back to the home page. Since the first three words are still "Adventure Game Studio", i keep clicking the fucking wrong link, ending up outside the forums. At least ten times and counting within the last few hours. Just had to drop this somewhere, as it's annoying as hell.

Edit: that sounds REALLY angry, so I'll add this: :P
Edit2: I actually did it again right now, as I was leaving this section...

Babar

I keep doing it as well, but I kept figuring that I'll get used to it soon enough, so it is silly to complain.

In the mean while, it is REALLY frustrating.

..... :P
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Gilbert

Yeah. I'm really annoyed by this too. But think about it. This may be the more correct way* of handling it and all it matters is time for us to get used to it. In the end, probably I can never get used to it and become angry and want it reverted though.

* Maybe the ideal way is that the "Home" link points to the AGS site, whereas the lowest level of the "xxx > xxx > xxx > ..." point is the forum.

Khris

Dualnames

I was secretly super jealous of Vince Twelve's ideas concerning the plot and the game mechanisms in general. I also joined the AGS forums in an attempt to succeed in my major plot to create a cultural impact, whatever that may be. Still not succeeded.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Andail

Hehe, I also kept clicking the link to the forum "root", and was brought back to the homepage. The funny thing is at first I didn't really notice what had happened, I just subconsciously assumed that I had clicked the wrong link somehow, and only after a couple of times did I understand that the links had changed. But now it's back to normality again.

Khris

It wasn't a bug though, which was precisely the reason why I chose this thread instead.

Atelier

Yeah that change was super annoying, but it was even worse because it made sense!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Khris on Mon 11/03/2013 10:48:02
It wasn't a bug though, which was precisely the reason why I chose this thread instead.
Well, it was a way to bring AGA's attention faster ;).

....Hmm, I realized "bug" may be interpreted as something that bugs people.

Crimson Wizard

OMG, I just discovered that in Resonance you may actually use car's mirror at any place on the alley, and what you see there will be real magnified reflection of any random part of background you are standing at right now. :D

MiteWiseacreLives!

I just discovered that if your using ArtGem and you spend all night making a new character and walkcycle on top of a clear background, save it as a JPEG, then let your son close ArtGem... Your work is ruined!!! clear becomes black, all the layers are combined and kiss your nice clean black outlines goodbye!
ARRRGG!

Crimson Wizard

I've just discovered that working washing machine is causing problems for wireless modem connection. At least, as it seems. I will make more observations in the future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk