AGS Awards 2012 (Winners!)

Started by , Thu 03/01/2013 02:36:43

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Quote from: Frodo on Sat 09/02/2013 05:37:20
Hmm, it's saying I haven't nominated either.  Hope my votes have been counted.   :confused:

Mhh, I nominated and worked for me. Can you resubmit your noms (by re-clicking the button at the bottom of the noms page?).
For me it was that that changed the forum wide adv from 'you still have to nominate' to 'you have got x y z time to choose your noms'. 

AGA

It now gives the same message about the time left to everyone, whether they've nominated or not. The check whether people had nominated clearly wasn't working, so I took it out. Won't have time until tomorrow night to fix it.

Eric

Question: I nominated, then went back to nominate an additional game. Should I have re-entered all of my first nominations, or were they saved when I submitted the first time?

Games I would have voted for, had they been in the database:

Kitten Catastrophy
The Samaritan Paradox (demo)
Skrumring (demo)

Programmers: add these for next year!

NickyNyce

Please forgive me if this is written plain as day in front of my face.

I would like someone to clarify whether someone can enter an older game that was never put up for the awards in the year it was made, into this years awards (I know it's already too late for this year) but for later awards. I would imagine this might cause some controversy. I know all this awards stuff is mostly for fun, so I don't mean to sound like I'm getting technical.

I myself failed to nominate my game for last years awards, but yet, somehow I got a nomination for my game in one of the catagories.

Can anyone explain a bit better how this works?

bicilotti

Quote from: Eric on Sun 10/02/2013 17:41:51
Question: I nominated, then went back to nominate an additional game. Should I have re-entered all of my first nominations, or were they saved when I submitted the first time?

You have got to reenter them all! (I discovered it after a quick test)

Quote from: NickyNyce on Sun 10/02/2013 18:38:27
I would like someone to clarify whether someone can enter an older game that was never put up for the awards in the year it was made, into this years awards.

Yes you can (skipping a year is harsh enough!)

Andail

Quote from: Eric on Sun 10/02/2013 17:41:51

Games I would have voted for, had they been in the database:

Kitten Catastrophy
The Samaritan Paradox (demo)
Skrumring (demo)

Programmers: add these for next year!

Thanks, but I never released my demo in the database, and I don't really think I will :/
You can - hopefully - vote for the full game next year :)

Tabata

I would have voted for Falling Skywards (BakeSale) 
- hope it will be entered in the database this year (for the next years awards) -

Edit:
Best Tutorial or Documentation isn't part of the awards anymore?

bicilotti

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 11/02/2013 13:50:32
Edit:
Best Tutorial or Documentation isn't part of the awards anymore?

Nope! The last year we had it (2009 iirc), we had only 2 nominees and very very few votes.

bicilotti

Lol double post!

It seems that Best Non-Adventure Game created with AGS category is lacking some votes, so play them non adventures and enter your noms!

Radiant

Quote from: bicilotti on Tue 12/02/2013 09:10:33
Lol double post!

It seems that Best Non-Adventure Game created with AGS category is lacking some votes, so play them non adventures and enter your noms!
If many people like Indiana Rodent then we will make a sequel with a level editor!

cat

I voted, I hope my votes were accepted. When I click the nominations link again, the selections are cleared there.
Also, I had problems nominating for best player/nonplayer character. I didn't remember some of the names and I'm not sure even all of them HAD a name. Will the votes there be counted anyway, even if spelled incorrectly?

bicilotti

Quote from: cat on Tue 12/02/2013 20:45:02
I voted, I hope my votes were accepted. When I click the nominations link again, the selections are cleared there.
Also, I had problems nominating for best player/nonplayer character. I didn't remember some of the names and I'm not sure even all of them HAD a name. Will the votes there be counted anyway, even if spelled incorrectly?

Yes your votes were accepted (there should be a "YOU VOTED, GOOD LAD/LASS!" page once submitting noms, right?); I agree that seeing a blank page on return is scaaaaary (but fear not, agsers!).
As a proud misspeller, I will make every vote count (i.e. I will ask AGA for a dump of best NPC noms and apply max_likelihood() on the lot).

That or I'll pull a Benedict XVI on y'all.

Ghost

Quote from: bicilotti on Tue 12/02/2013 21:07:23
That or I'll pull a Benedict XVI on y'all.

You can't, my Italian buddy. Wir waren Papst!  (laugh)

Radiant

It is somewhat disconcerting to see a big red "you haven't nominated yet" banner every time I visit the forums...

bicilotti

Nomination phase is over!

Check out the nominees here!

Goldmund

Wow, not a single nomination. Thanks, guys!

Ponch

Quote from: Goldmund on Wed 13/02/2013 19:04:26
I came here to say the same thing!  :cry: :wink:

Oh, AGS Community! Why do you spurn my love? How many games must I make before you love me as much as I love you?  :=

AGA

Quote from: Goldmund on Wed 13/02/2013 19:04:26

You got nominations.  Only the top five nominees got through for each category though.  And as you can see, many people voted exactly the same for every category, as happens every year.

Ponch

Quote from: AGA on Wed 13/02/2013 19:36:22
many people voted exactly the same for every category, as happens every year.
But what my love, AGA? I have so much to give! :P

Tabata

@Goldmund & Ponch
It might not be worth a thing, but just to let you know. There definitely ARE voters for both of you.
I know for sure because I did!   

... and there are also some other games that I am missing  :cry:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk