AGS Awards 2012 (Winners!)

Started by , Thu 03/01/2013 02:36:43

Previous topic - Next topic

an Urpney

Quote from: Goldmund on Wed 13/02/2013 19:04:26
Wow, not a single nomination. Thanks, guys!

Don't be sad, I voted for you (actually, Donna was amongst three games I voted for in almost every category they could possibly fit)!
It was released at the beginning of 2012 - many people could've forgotten : (
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Datadog

I was also surprised to see "Avenger of Blood" sans nomination. Yours was my personal pick of the year, Goldmund.

Can't complain about some of the other nominations, though. : )

Goldmund

Oh well, maybe in 2023! :-)

Cheers, Tabata, Urpney, Datadog -- and congratulations to the nominees! Good luck.

cat

Wheeeee! Sheep Quest was nominated - thanks for the votes!

It seems that I now have to play many games - of the top nominees I only played one yet! On the other hand I'm happy to see that even some underdogs like '9 months in' or 'RAM ghost' got their votes. Too bad that others didn't make it, like 'The Visitor' for example. Nice to see Unga and Gray nominated. But Gray a short game? Gosh, I must be a really slow player, it took me several hours to complete - congrats on the background nom, well deserved!

Congrats to all nominees - now on to playing games!

Haggis

I voted for Senor Banana but he didn't make it :(

Must have slipped up somewhere *badum tsch*

Nikolas

The music for Resonance was done by me, but in the awards page it reads Vince XII. The bastard stole my place! ;)

LimpingFish

Congratulations to all the nominees!  ;-D

And hooray for Sheep Quest! \o/
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Vince Twelve

I nominated Donna for a couple categories!  Sorry Goldmund.  The mass voting across the board for a few titles is a problem, though this year I'm finding it hard to complain... :P

Thanks for all the noms people!  This is the one that matters to me most!  I'm really psyched for this!

Quote from: Nikolas on Wed 13/02/2013 22:07:26
The music for Resonance was done by me, but in the awards page it reads Vince XII. The bastard stole my place! ;)

Lies!  I wrote all the music and did all the SFX myself!  I also drew all the backgrounds and animated all the characters!  ME!!! 
Spoiler
Yes, those nominations of course belong to Nik (sfx, music), ProgZMax (character art, animation), Nauris Krauze (backgrounds), Janet & I (programming), Dave & all the actors (voice work), and a bunch of people helped me with writing (among them Dierdra Kiai, Dave, & Janet!  Thanks everybody!)
[close]

Ponch

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Thu 14/02/2013 01:14:53
Thanks for all the noms people!  This is the one that matters to me most!  I'm really psyched for this!
Seems to me the proper thing to do is to use all your eFame for a noble purpose. Make the world a better place, Vince! Make an Oceanspirit Dennis game and help bring teh wordz of Dennis to teh worlds!  :=

"From the man who brought you Resonance... Comes the story of a Ninja/Pirate/Viking/Detective like no other... Dennis vs. Dr. Morales... FIGHTS!"

It would be GLORIOUS, Vince. (nod)

Stupot

Well done to the nominees. The good thing about all the same games being nominated in all the categories is that there are fewer games for me to catch up on before the vote :P

MonochromeMolly

Quote from: Goldmund on Wed 13/02/2013 19:04:26
Wow, not a single nomination. Thanks, guys!

I pretty much never post, but I had to post for this. Donna and The Cat Lady were the only AGS games I played in 2012 that I will never forget. I'm glad The Cat Lady made the cut, but I don't know why yours didn't. Your game was amazing.

bicilotti

Quote from: Nikolas on Wed 13/02/2013 22:07:26

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/wiki/AGS_Awards_2012 <-- corrected
Remember that it is a wiki, so if you find slips you can even edit yourself!

cat

What actually happened to best music? There are only four titles here and at least I nominated three other games in this category. Or was this a draw between 5th and 6th?

bicilotti

Quote from: cat on Thu 14/02/2013 08:55:27
What actually happened to best music? There are only four titles here and at least I nominated three other games in this category. Or was this a draw between 5th and 6th?

Top 5 games pass in each category (with me breaking ties if the need arises) and a minimum of 5 votes is needed. If you find a category with less than 5 nominees, it means only (5-x) games had at least 5 votes cast on them.

Trivia time: 79 people entered their nominations this year.

CaptainD

Thanks to everyone who voted for Captain Disaster as best demo!  :-D

m0ds

Nice one! A varied list, mixture of fab games! Not even played half of them... but safe to say 2012 was a very good year for AGS projects! Many deserving titles of course not on the list, but there's always the game page comments and rating feature to show developers you care :)

miguel

Congrats to all the noms! Great stuff this year!
Can't believe OSD material was left out though.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Fitz

It's definitely been an exciting year for AGS games. Glad to see some of my favorites among the nominees, sad not to see some of my absolute favorites on the list. PISS, Visitor, Primordia (would've kicked everyone's hiney in the Best Background Art), Nancy (she and her friend would've definitely rocked the PC/NPC category -- since they're not very PC)... Oh well, we'll all lose to Resonance, anyway :P DAMN good year!

Stupot

Quote from: bicilotti on Thu 14/02/2013 09:04:37
Trivia time: 79 people entered their nominations this year.
78.5.  I bullsed up and submitted a half-filled entry form.  Then my laptop died and I couldn't get online to finish before the deadline. :/

Chicky

Happy to see Anna's quest was nominated for VO, congratulations to all, roll on awards!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk