AGS Awards 2012 (Winners!)

Started by , Thu 03/01/2013 02:36:43

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Quote from: Ilyich on Sun 20/01/2013 20:20:40
Quote from: bicilotti on Sun 20/01/2013 18:17:50
I am willing to make an exception to a bake sale's games (or other bundled stuff), as it's cumbersome to add a db entry for  game you can't even download a demo of, but Patchwork and Cosmos Quest will have to wait until next year.

Patchwork is bundled stuff (Summerbatch) that you couldn't have even downloaded a demo of, though, no? I made it freeware and added it to the DB as soon as I could without breaching my contractual obligations. :)

I am fine with whatever you guys decide, though, just pointing out that me adding the game too late was not in fact the result of blatant disrespect for AGS Awards' rules and it's organizers, and that I love each and every one of you. :)

Woops my bad! I didn't recall that it was bundled with the Batch. You shall pass!

Iliya

I'm not going to add my games in the games database this year or the next year. I have my reasons. And I understand - the rules are rules. I appreciate all bicilotti's efforts for the awards and I wish luck to all contestants.

Ponch

I removed my Bake Sale game from the "For Your Consideration" thread. I should have read the fine print more closely, eh?  :P

But the Mayor's New Dress is still up for nominations, so please consider it.  :smiley:

bicilotti

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 20/01/2013 20:47:47
I removed my Bake Sale game from the "For Your Consideration" thread. I should have read the fine print more closely, eh?  :P

But the Mayor's New Dress is still up for nominations, so please consider it.  :smiley:

As I have written, I am willing to make an exception for bake sale (or more in general, bundle games, as at least for the sale's period authors have some obligations we could be unaware of / are not directly responsible on how their game is promoted/published (geez I sound like a fake lawyer) ).
Contact AGA (if he hasn't contacted you already) to sort out the thing, and good luck for the awards.

Ponch

I don't want to be a special case. I already have one game that I'm ready to lose an AGS Award with. My bake sale game will go in the database in March, so I now I can enter that one in next year's awards and lose again. Now the pressure is off and I can relax.  (laugh)

bicilotti

So it's time to nominate:

Thanks to AGA for setting up noms page and forum wide announcement!

Knoodn

Is the nomination time over yet?

The headline on top of the forums says:
QuoteAGS Awards nominations close at 11:59 GMT on 13 Feb 2013.

But the nomination page shows me this:
QuoteNominations are now closed for 2012. Please stand by for the announcement of the nominees, and then get voting!

bicilotti

Quote from: Knoodn on Tue 29/01/2013 21:24:26
Is the nomination time over yet?

The headline on top of the forums says:
QuoteAGS Awards nominations close at 11:59 GMT on 13 Feb 2013.

But the nomination page shows me this:
QuoteNominations are now closed for 2012. Please stand by for the announcement of the nominees, and then get voting!

Thanks, I relayed the message to AGA.

bicilotti

m0ds

I think something isn't quite working Berian? May just be my profile, but quote from the red forum text:

"You are one of the -1 users (100%) who haven't yet nominated"

also

"You haven't yet nominated, so you've got 4 days"

I definitely nominated, about 3 days ago I think!

Also good to know that the entire member base has nominated and I'm the only person who hasn't ;)

CaptainD

I've also nominated but it tells me I haven't?

Stupot

Why not have awards for Best Bakesale Game and Best Summerbatch Game (or just one Best of the Batches award)? That way they are still all eligible for some kind of recognition, even if they are not in the database.

bicilotti

Quote from: m0ds on Fri 08/02/2013 17:57:23
Also good to know that the entire member base has nominated and I'm the only person who hasn't ;)

Ahaha, Mr. AGA had to code the thing from scratch (ah, the transition ASP -> PHP), so there are some easter eggs along the way.
I will poke him appropriately!

AGA

I was trying to put in a little nag about just how few people had nominated, but apparently I broke things a bit.

Is it working again now?

Stupot

Quote from: AGA on Fri 08/02/2013 19:01:41Is it working again now?

Seems fine to me It's not working for me.  Those are not my final nominations, though.  There's a few more games I want to play this weekend.

CaptainD

It's still telling me I haven't nominated... if my nominations definitely didn't take for some reason I'll go through them again.

m0ds

Thanks bici, berian... Still saying I've not nominated too tho!

AGA

It is registering nominations, don't worry about that.

Frodo

Hmm, it's saying I haven't nominated either.  Hope my votes have been counted.   :confused:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk