Reon Quest Episode 2: Escape From Bully Island

Started by Jaffles, Sat 26/01/2013 16:37:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaffles

Greetings fellow AGS users, Jaffles here from Slug4Brains Stuio, and we're excited to present the second game in the Reon Quest series! I'd like to thank everyone who helped us along the way and made completing this game possible!

Reon Quest Episode 2: Escape From Bully Island

Story
After the antics surrounding the Mysterious Aluminatti Society, the Principal of Reon Elementary School has had enough! With the big PTA Meeting on the horizon and his school's reputation on the line, he does what any other reasonable Principal would do: Orders Draco and his "merry band of idiots" to be thrown into the newly built juvenile detention center, Bully Island, until they're old enough for college. After this fiendish decree, our heroes are blindsided by an army of Hall Monitors and are swiftly thrown behind bars. But Slugamor, being the slippery slug that he is quickly manages to escape the prison. The others, however, are not so fortunate. Now it's up to Slugamor and Draco to work together to free their friends and Escape From Bully Island!

Screenshots

Explore the area outside the prison with Draco's sarcastic pal, Slugamor!

Then switch over to Draco to plumb the depths of Bully Island!

It's going to take some teamwork to escape this predicament!

Features
-Two Playable Characters
-Two New Locations
-Original Soundtrack
-More churros than you can count!
-Shameless plug for Episode 3

The Team
-Jaffles: Director, Artwork, Writing
-Simon Loverige: Original Soundtrack
-Anthony Cuisado: Beta Testing
-Blount: Beta Testing
-The Suitor: Beta Testing

Hope you enjoy the second installment in our series!

Crimson Wizard

I have a question: I noticed there's a gray status bar at the top of the screen, visible on every screenshot. Do you really use it, or just forgot to remove? I ask because it comes with Default game template, and I never seen people actually use it in games.

Jaffles

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 26/01/2013 17:03:35
I have a question: I noticed there's a gray status bar at the top of the screen, visible on every screenshot. Do you really use it, or just forgot to remove? I ask because it comes with Default game template, and I never seen people actually use it in games.

It's intentional, if you scroll your mouse to the top of the screen, it opens up into the Walk, Look, Touch, Talk, Pocket, Save, etc... buttons. It to keep the GUI from interfering with the screen too much. The border even changes color depending on who you're playing as!

pitabread

Congrats! I had a lot of fun playing, and can't wait for episode 3.

m0ds

Congrats on the release, well done! I hope to give it a whirl soon :)

The Suitor

Congratulations on releasing it! I find myself loving this series. :D Great game guys!

Jaffles

Thanks for all the kind words guys! If you get a chance, we'd really appreciate it if you gave the game a rate as well, but no pressure!

Captain D: Thanks man! Hope you enjoy the game, and all goes well for Team Disaster as well!

Pitabread: Thanks for playing! And don't worry, Episode 3 will be here before you know it!

m0ds: Hope you like it! We never would've been able to finish it without your help, so thanks again!

The Suitor: Words like that are what keeps us making these games! Thanks again for helping us test!

Shadow1000

I played this game and really enjoyed it. I don't usually comment on short games but this game really stands out, so here goes.

My comments:
WHAT I LIKED

• For a short game, the theme made for a good, simple plot with enough steps required to complete the main goal (big jailbreak) to provide sufficient gameplay
  • The puzzles were superb. I needed to do some thinking for most of them and was never frustrated to the point of diminishing the fun. They were all goal oriented, contributing to the overall plot rather than "let's just slow down the user to add to the gameplay time". This is one pitfall that you see in many games of newer authors.
  • The dialogues were both funny and appropriate for providing both entertainment and hints to the next step of the game.
  • Character development - exceptional for any game, especially for a short one. The player knows exactly what each character is like and they act their respective nutty roles perfectly
  • Speaking of entertaining, the humour was terrific. I busted a gut when they were texting!
  • BRILLIANT play system of switching characters and passing items. Raises the gameplay quite a few notches!

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE
I just did not like the graphics style. Some people posted that they liked it so maybe it's just me. I just found the look and feel to be unappealing. I don't have a problem with cartoon graphics in general but something about the graphics turned me off.

In conclusion, this game improves on many of the shortcomings of the previous release and shows a lot of promise as your games just get better!

Well done!

SHADOW

Jaffles

Wow thanks for taking the time to write all of that feedback! Really glad you enjoyed the game  :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk