The Lost Prince Of Lorden

Started by RetroJay, Thu 13/09/2012 00:28:44

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroJay

Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to let you all know that I have up-loaded the Final version of my game.
All spelling errors have been corrected, as I put the whole game through a spell checker.
Doing this has put my mind to rest.

When I have enough of Part 2 to show you all, I will post in the 'Games in production' thread.

To all of those who have played my game, Thank you. I hope you enjoyed it.

Yours.
Jay. 

Squinky

I loved the look and feel of the game. It looks excellent.

But sadly, starting the game off with a pixel hunt puzzle is one of my pet peeves. It just kills my desire to continue.

I loved the rest of what I saw though :)

selmiak

There is a pixelhunt at the beginning? Probably right after you meet the guy telling you what is where in the second screen, as I couldn't find out how to continue after this encounter ... >_>

RetroJay

Hi Squinky,

I was disappointed to hear that you did not persevere with my game.
I presume you are refering to the blade of grass which appears after you exit the screen and then re-enter.
It is larger in size than the other grass and is clearly labelled. So I would not call it pixel hunting.
I would like you to continue and give the game a chance. Please post a comment if you enjoy.

Hi Selmiak,

I presume you must have got further with the game than Squinky before getting stuck.
There is a walkthrough for the game in Hints and Tips. Check it out and continue to play.
if you enjoy please post a comment

Squinky

Giving it another shot, finally found that blade of grass (I use a wacom tablet mouse that moves faster in AGS for some reason and just kept missing it.)

Now I'm stuck right after that, I'll give it some time and come back.

vertigoaddict

Just wanted to say that this game is pretty neat, I don't think I'm too far in yet, however I'm liking the feel and pretty much the straightfowardness of things, how most of the characters just say things matter-o-factly. Keep it up! ^_^

RetroJay

Hi Vertigoaddict.

I am glad that you are enjoying my game.
If you get stuck, at any point, there is a complete walkthough on the 'Hints And Tips' thread.

Yours.
Jay.

Anian

I'm not trying to bring you down, lots of problems here could be fixed in the next episodes by experience with this one. Even though I liked the atmosphere of the game and that kept me going...lots of things were very frustrating.
- things keep appearing randomly and at locations on opposite sides of where you always are and mostly without any reason so more than often I had to look at all the available locations before finding something
- puzzle logic here was very confusing
- the story, although somewhat cliche, was interesting
- the characters were ok (btw you might want to not use the word "ok" when everything else screams fantasy/medieval, maybe "very well" or something)
- the graveyard and the ruins had a really nice creepy vibe, somewhat reminiscent of Monkey island, very good job on that
- music was very nice as well
Spoiler

- the moss - I was jut a greedy adventure kleptomaniac so I took it, but is there any reason for me to actually take it?
- the blade of grass, while clever in concept, wouldn't it be better if there was for example a bunch of tall dark grass near the moat that in description would say it's a type of swamp plant with strong sharp leaves or something
- both the grave digging and the find the X in the tomb, would've have been so much more interesting and logical if there was some light indication that separated it from the rest of the background
- the brick in the wall, my first thought was the graves but I got quickly got lost in trying to count, then I thought of the bricks checked the walkthrough and still couldn't find it for 5 minutes, because I really can't count rows if the rows are messily drawn
- also for the brick, you really should change the description or something, I as a player have no indication that I am doing something, I'm not talking about the actual brick but maybe when you click on that wall change the description to "nothing interesting about that stone" or something to indicate to me that you actually put an option for meto choose...
- the mushroom search...man that was complicated, of course I didn't write it down the first time, second time I did, but still had to do some guess work
[close]
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Jen_78

I tend to agree with the above poster about things appearing randomly at opposite locations.  One of my biggest pet peeves in adventure games is having to keep going back to old locations to see if something has popped up.  Go to the cemetery, go all the way back to the beginning, go back to the cemetery.  It gets very repetitive... especially when the character walks really slow.

That being said I like the game.  Good story, really pretty music.  Good job!

RetroJay

Hi Anian And Jen_78.

Thank you, both, for playing my game.

I am glad that you enjoyed certain elements of my game.

When I started creating it, with 2.72, I only had a very small idea as to where it was going. (A small story I wrote.)
I used this as my introduction to AGS, learning how things worked, as I have never tried anything like this before.
Basically, I made it up as I went along.

Getting feedback is great, good or bad, and I hope to use all of your opinions with part 2 "The Lost Prince Of Lorden - Can't See The Forest For The Trees".

Anian.
Spoiler
Yes you needed the moss or you wouldn't have completed the game... You may need it!!
[close]
I have no cups. No one has voted for my game, yet.
Please, if you liked it then HELP ME!! ;)

Yours.
Jay.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk