Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Fixed the credits thing. 

The close window thing doesn't happen to me though, in Firefox, IE or Chrome.  Does this happen on all games' pages, or just some?  If just some, can you give examples?

Peder 🚀

You should consider having a "confirm" dialog when clicking the report link for reporting broken links.
I just accidentally clicked it...

selmiak

credits works, about the panel popup:
I have it on every game page in FF 20.0.1, opera can display is like it is supposed to be.
here a screenshot from ff 20.0.1
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/41FxnjH.png[/imgzoom]

AGA

Okay, so on my PC on Firefox 20.0.1 it shows where it's mean to, but on my girlfriend's it shows like on yours.  Any ideas anyone?!

selmiak

Code: css

.cupRatingPopupHelp
	{
        line-height: 14px;
	}

should do the trick.

I don't know why firefox refuses to accept this or not. The line-height attribute is only used once before throughout the css file if I'm not mistaken, for #logindisplay
So my guess would be that firefox somehow stores this or confuses it with some unclosed div or whatnot. And as the logindisplay is only one line anyways (no matter if logged in or not) this is pretty much redundant, so getting rid of the one line-height: setting in #logindisplay should fix it better than hardcoding the line height in for the popups. Maybe it breaks some layout stuff though :D doesn't do anything probably...

AGA

Okay, I've done that.  Any change?

selmiak

works like a charm now :)

selmiak

meh, the credits thing is still borked. Look at some credits here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/602/

AGA

That was happening when someone was credited for a game that no longer existed in the database.  I changed it so those entries will now be ignored.

selmiak

just a though: Why are there twitter and facebook share buttons on every forum thread but not on the gamepages? Not that I use any of them, but I was just wondering.

AGA

There's a very simple SMF addon, while I cba to hack it into the main site!

I have vaguely thought about social media support in the main site, but it's a low priority.

selmiak

It's actually quite simple, just generate the page's url and add it to the generic fb-sharer and twittershare url (and link it with a button image hosted on the AGS server so they can't spy on you).

one more thing atm, on the last change on the credits you somehow messed up (got rid of) the wordwrap (cutoff!) for longer game titles. This destroys the layout again. Mostly when expanding the other games of the last person in the credits, check the last game I linked above somewhere.

selmiak

is it just me or is the whole main page only a white page?
and no AGA in the users online list, so noone is fiddeling with the page atm?!

Peder 🚀

There was an " missing in the PHP code making it crash, since it was such a simple fix I decided to fix it as it was breaking the whole site.

AGA

Whoops!  It's probably been like that for quite a while, since I was last fiddling with it before I left work a few hours ago.  Thanks for fixing it, Peder!

selmiak

^^^^ lol

about the spoiler tag: would it be possible to make it wrap around selected text over more than one line only once? atm every line gets put in spoiler tags when clicking it on selected text. Same for code tag.

AGA

I don't understand.  Can you fake something up in an image?  Confused!

selmiak

should have written selected text, but too lazy to edit the image ;)
When you get it to work, don't forget the code tag plz, it's the same there. Actually for every formatting tag, even text centering and never used subtext[see 'sup text] though it's more annoying for spoilers and code. But that should be a one fix thing for all these tags at once. except for table cells in forums (that is also close to never used) and lists I see no use for formatting every line singled out so keeping these in seems okay to me.

AGA

Oh, I see.  I'll see what I can do.

selmiak

QuoteRatings
* Games No One Has Rated
* Games Fewer Than Five People Have Rated
* Games You Have and Haven't Yet Rated

I think this should only be displayed for logged in users as it is part of the ratings drive thread and visitors are not really interested in games noone has rated, so rather above these 3 options it needs something like:
* highest rated games
* worst games
or so

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk