Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 31/01/2013 13:55:18
edit: rechecked, seems to work...?!

I suppose I'll have to take your word for that, since you removed all evidence of what the actual problem was!

cat

Quote from: cat on Fri 25/01/2013 18:47:55
Quote from: AGA on Fri 25/01/2013 17:23:04
Which user?  I've taken a look at various people's profiles, and it doesn't happen to me!
Interestingly, it doesn't happen to me now on this PC. I'll keep an eye on that and try to find out when it happens.

This only seems to happen on my PC at work, but here it happens all the time. Maybe the forum wants to tell me I should work instead of viewing user profiles?

AGA

Makes sense!  Are you using a different OS, browser (version), etc?  No logical reason why that would cause a database error of course...

cat

At work: Firefox 18.0.1, Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
At home: Firefox 18.0.1, Windows XP

Here is a screenshot of the error:

AGA

Quote from: cat on Fri 01/02/2013 11:17:35
At work: Firefox 18.0.1, Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
I'll add my home setup as soon as I'm back at home.

That's exactly the setup I use at work.  Not that that means a huge amount with Firefox of course, since there are addons and extensions that could cause problems.  Nothing client side should be able to cause a database error regardless though, so it's quite weird!

cat

I just voted and wrote a comment for "Cherry's Quest for Coffee". The votes seem to be accepted, but the comment was not added.

Ryan Timothy B

I apparently have the same database error while viewing profiles. Perhaps it has something to do with the Ratings Panel - since it's what we both have in common.

Just in case (it seems to be a forum issue and nothing browser related.. but), I'm using Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m. The only extension running is Chrome to Phone.

Peder 🚀

I have this problem too on my computer BUT only in Chrome. Firefox and IE does not show this error. I've tried clearing cache and what not but nothing seems to help. It shows when I'm both logged in and not.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Fri 01/02/2013 20:50:09
I have this problem too on my computer BUT only in Chrome. Firefox and IE does not show this error.
Hmm. Same for me.

cat

It just happened again - I voted a game (subAtomic) and added a comment. The votes were stored, the comment not.

AGA

Quote from: cat on Sun 03/02/2013 17:12:19
It just happened again - I voted a game (subAtomic) and added a comment. The votes were stored, the comment not.

Took me ages to work this out, but I was using completely the wrong variable name for the put the comment into the database bit, so none of them were being recorded.  Apparently we missed that in our testing!  Fixed now.

Stupot

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sat 02/02/2013 01:02:59
Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Fri 01/02/2013 20:50:09
I have this problem too on my computer BUT only in Chrome. Firefox and IE does not show this error.
Hmm. Same for me.

Same here.  I tried turning my extensions off and on, but it makes no difference, just seems to be a Chrome thing.

AGA

Happens to me in Chrome too actually.  I'll hunt around, see if I can find a cause...

selmiak

when searching games the games entries shortly display in full and then collapse. This looks strange and a bit confusing.
Maybe adding a explanation to click the game name to expand again would help. But over all I think the collapsing is useless and the longer entries including screenshots is what I was looking for anyways ;)

Crimson Wizard

Here's the riddle: guess, how many times today I got to AGS site main page, instead of forums main page? :D

Answer: MANY!!!!!!!

Okay, sorry, it is not really a bug report, but I was so used to click on leftmost "Adventure Game Studio Forums" tag to return to main forum page, and now I have to watch myself and click exactly on "Forums".
Bah, just somewhat annoyed, nevermind. :)

selmiak

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 05/03/2013 19:44:15
Here's the riddle: guess, how many times today I got to AGS site main page, instead of forums main page? :D

Answer: MANY!!!!!!!

Okay, sorry, it is not really a bug report, but I was so used to click on leftmost "Adventure Game Studio Forums" tag to return to main forum page, and now I have to watch myself and click exactly on "Forums".
Bah, just somewhat annoyed, nevermind. :)

+1 :tongue:

Tabata

+ 1   

same here ~ don't like it

cat

I also want to add that the long title of the page "Adventure Game Studio | Forums | asdf" shortens in Firefox to "Adventure Game Studio | Forums |..." which is not very helpful finding the right tab...

Bulbapuck

I did it too, sooo many times :p
Maybe shortening it to just "AGS" might help? Then the "Forums"-link would be larger in comparison.

Babar

Or "Site" or "Main Site", even. No need to AGS-tag every AGS-thing with AGS on the AGS-site and AGS-forum.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk