Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

I set the forum to use HTTPS by default, and the post buttons seem to load okay now.  But yes, browsers will never accept it as being truly safe, since it uses mixed content.  Might be easier to just turn SSL off on the whole AGS site, since there's no real need for it.  Unless it's a truly closed system there'll still be enough holes for a determined hacker to get in anyway.

Peder 🚀

Yeah, I'll nudge you sometime during the weekend so I don't just disable ssl and stuff starts breaking :P

Sinitrena

Thank you, AGA, the buttons are back. :-D

Crimson Wizard

Engine plugin API help page does not work for me, displays an empty page:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/ags/plugins/engine/

Also, is it possible to edit this page, if something has changed?

cat

On the same page: None of the art tutorial links is working. Maybe it's best to remove them altogether.

Gurok

The AGS IRC page with all of the rules and server info on it is missing:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/community/irc/
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

AGA

Quote from: Gurok on Thu 10/08/2017 04:03:35
The AGS IRC page with all of the rules and server info on it is missing:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/community/irc/

Fixed!  Although of course people should just be modern and use Discord anyway.

eri0o

Hey,

is it just me, or the embedded youtube videos appear as text now instead of being embedded ?

"[embed=x,y] video link [/embed]" are the ones I am referencing... Like here: Blackwell Epiphany trailer embedded.

AGA

Quote from: eri0o on Wed 30/08/2017 22:04:56
Hey,

is it just me, or the embedded youtube videos appear as text now instead of being embedded ?

"[embed=x,y] video link [/embed]" are the ones I am referencing... Like here: Blackwell Epiphany trailer embedded.

Answered in the other thread.  Please don't cross post.

Snarky

It seems email notifications are broken. I've not been getting notifications either for PMs or moderator alerts recently.

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 25/10/2017 22:44:23
It seems email notifications are broken. I've not been getting notifications either for PMs or moderator alerts recently.

Did you check the spam ?
No matter how hard I mark AGS mails as not being spam, they keep stubbornly going to the spam folder.

- Alan

Snarky

Yes, I checked spam, and they're not there.

NicolaGs

Same here. No mail notification for PMs.
My first game : I Want Out!

Click'd

Quote from: NicolaGs on Fri 27/10/2017 00:13:40
Same here. No mail notification for PMs.
Now that you mention it...

Stupot

Same here, come to think of it.
Curious.

AGA

Apparently the notification email address was acting too spammy.  Should be unblocked and sending again now.

Snarky

Can confirm it's now working. Thanks AGA!

Snarky

The "All games list" says that there are 23 pages of results, but after page 20 the list is blank. I assume that there actually are somewhere between 2200 and 2300 games in the db, and that the list just can't return more than 2000.

AGA

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 27/12/2017 13:03:17
The "All games list" says that there are 23 pages of results, but after page 20 the list is blank. I assume that there actually are somewhere between 2200 and 2300 games in the db, and that the list just can't return more than 2000.

Pagination (and much else...) is totally messed up atm.  I've rewritten this all in a refactored version of the site, which I'm 80% done with.  Should be released soonish.

Stupot

There's an interesting quirk I've noticed on the “games you have and haven't rated” page.

If you go to that page but aren't logged in, a bunch of games come up as “games you have rated”

Here is the list in question (in case it helps work out the cause):

Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy!
Primordia
King's Quest II+ VGA
A Tale of Two Kingdoms
Chance Of The Dead
The Perfidious Petrol Station
Pester Quest
Starship Quasar
Class Notes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk