Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

there is a bracket missing in the mouseover text for the filled yellow (userrating) cups on the game pages. I saw it here, but it is on every game with yellow cup rating
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2475-my-father-s-secret/

hover over the greyed out last yellow and read  "Rated 78% by the community (6 votes)", while hovering over the really yellow cups reads "Rated 78% by the community 6 votes)". notice the opening bracket missing.

AGA

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 23/10/2020 14:12:33
there is a bracket missing in the mouseover text for the filled yellow (userrating) cups on the game pages. I saw it here, but it is on every game with yellow cup rating
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2475-my-father-s-secret/

hover over the greyed out last yellow and read  "Rated 78% by the community (6 votes)", while hovering over the really yellow cups reads "Rated 78% by the community 6 votes)". notice the opening bracket missing.

Fixed!

Sinitrena

There seems to be a bug with longer comments on games in the database. When there's a longer comment, there is a symbol ( >> ) that I assume is for showing the whole comment, but: the whole comment is already there even before clicking it, and when clicking it the comment text just repeats. See here for example.

Sequel Police

Can't post anything at the forums. There's strange captcha and there're errors:

1) You have already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh.
2) You are not allowed to access this section.

And there's no any message from me at the forums. WTF.

Stupot

You posted that alright :-)

Sinitrena

Would it be possible to get the same sorting features and details for the Fewer than Five People Have Rated and Games No One Has Rated lists as the All Games List already has? Like Author, Release Date (that's the one I really want), Panel Rating.
(I know: In the Next Versiontm, right?  ;))

AGA

Quote from: Sinitrena on Thu 03/12/2020 10:24:07
Would it be possible to get the same sorting features and details for the Fewer than Five People Have Rated and Games No One Has Rated lists as the All Games List already has? Like Author, Release Date (that's the one I really want), Panel Rating.
(I know: In the Next Versiontm, right?  ;))

It seems Santa came early this year.

Sinitrena

Awe, an early present, just for me? Thank you.  :-[ :-* :-[

Oh no, it looks like Santa drove his sleight so fast that part of the present fell down!  8-0

(I really appreciate the effort, but sorting a list by certain information is far more useful when you can also see this information.)

Completely random: I just learned that AGS was already around in the seventies!  (nod)
There are a couple of games with a realese date of 1. Jan 1970 - obviously an automately generated date for games where no actual date was available. It would probably make more sense to change this to "Relese Date: not available" or something, but I doubt anyone pays that much attention to it.
Edit: Looking a bit closer, in the All Games List, these games have as their relesed date: "unknown", but on the individual games pages it's 1. Jan 1970.

AGA

Quote from: Sinitrena on Fri 04/12/2020 06:01:13
Spoiler

Awe, an early present, just for me? Thank you.  :-[ :-* :-[

Oh no, it looks like Santa drove his sleight so fast that part of the present fell down!  8-0

(I really appreciate the effort, but sorting a list by certain information is far more useful when you can also see this information.)

Completely random: I just learned that AGS was already around in the seventies!  (nod)
There are a couple of games with a realese date of 1. Jan 1970 - obviously an automately generated date for games where no actual date was available. It would probably make more sense to change this to "Relese Date: not available" or something, but I doubt anyone pays that much attention to it.
Edit: Looking a bit closer, in the All Games List, these games have as their relesed date: "unknown", but on the individual games pages it's 1. Jan 1970.
[close]

Happy new year!  The details should now all be visible, and I fixed the unknown dates on the main game entries.

Unknown dates were showing as 01/01/1970 because we store dates as Unix time (the number of seconds that have elapsed since the date mentioned).  The database column defaults to 0 if no date is added, so...  Dates are now added automatically of course, this is just games that were imported from an older version of the site.

Sinitrena

YOU ARE THE BEST!  :-*

We don't tell you often enough. Thank you very much.

AGA

I've also trawled through various sites and archives to find the majority of the missing release dates.  There should only be a handful left now, but those will probably have to remain unknown forever.

Kastchey

Thank you so much for setting up the nomination page, AGA!

There appears to be a small issue that has been reported in the FYC thread but leaving it here too so it doesn't get buried under other posts...

The nomination page requires all records in the 'Best Character' category to be filled out before it allows the user to save.
If the same input is entered in all 10 lines it saves fine and displays only one record in the summary, without the dupes.

eri0o

Showing last three topics in each board instead of only the last one per board in the main page.

Some board like the Competition and the Begginer get topics going on in parallel. I wonder if showing a bit more than only the last one would make people more participative.

This can also have the reverse effect of making the main page seem stalled so not sure. But it's one thing that has been on my mind for a while and decided to ask here and see what others think.

eri0o

Adding itch io profile as a new social network on the forum profile would be nice.

AGA

Quote from: eri0o on Mon 26/04/2021 04:00:26
Adding itch io profile as a new social network on the forum profile would be nice.

Done.

eri0o

eri0o

Was the signature size reduced? I can't seem to keep my signature as it was before.

AGA

Quote from: eri0o on Wed 28/04/2021 23:10:56
Was the signature size reduced? I can't seem to keep my signature as it was before.

Not in years!

eri0o

Is it possible to have a greyish rectangle background for short code formatting (the [ tt ] block )? Also don't know if possible, but if it's, having a way to create anchors would be awesome. (these are for referencing headers in my short in forum READMEs for my modules like https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58894.0)

Snarky

The "Last post" preview for each board on the main forum page is now showing mangled versions of symbols for me: &amp for ampersand and "quot for quotation marks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk