Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

In case this got lost with all the site update work happening. Here's an example of the problem:

eri0o

All the images in this thread have been been swapped by chinese panda drawings
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=25205.0

Cassiebsg

Looks to me that that's a problem of where the pictures were hosted, and not a problem with our site or forum.
I checked the site where the pics where hosted, and besides everything being in chinese (?), which I can't read, all images there also look like those with a panda. So to me kind of looks that the site got hacked and all images were replaced with those panda pics.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

In the Search, ticking "Search in topic subjects only" does not work and causes errors every time.

Gilbert

Quote from: eri0o on Mon 20/09/2021 20:21:03
All the images in this thread have been been swapped by chinese panda drawings
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=25205.0
Considering that the thread is more than 10 years old, it's reasonable to think that the original image hosting site/hosted images are lost anyway.

FanOfHumor

Profiles won't save a birthdate it resets everytime you change the profile.

heltenjon

On the front page, From the Forums lists two posts from new user davidjuhl in recent posts - one in What song are you listening to right now and one in a tech thread about Rotating Sprites. However, when i click on these, I get to the thread but don't see his posts. They don't show up in Recent Posts either.

In unrelated events, there's been an entry on the games page from someone named Jacob McGriff - a game called Chef Pishgetti. The entry seems to be blank - no link, no image. And no way of contacting Mr McGriff to help him out.

Snarky

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 20/04/2022 18:55:55
On the front page, From the Forums lists two posts from new user davidjuhl in recent posts - one in What song are you listening to right now and one in a tech thread about Rotating Sprites. However, when i click on these, I get to the thread but don't see his posts. They don't show up in Recent Posts either.

These posts have been deleted because the user was identified as a spammer. That posts now in the trashbin show up on the front page is probably a bug.

AGA

Posts from the recycle bin aren't listed.  I'm guessing heltenjon managed to load the page while the posts were still in a public place, but by the time he clicked the links they'd been moved to a private location.  Not really a use case I can account for programmatically!

I can't find any history of a user named Jacob McGriff, or that game, so all we can really do is disable the game and let it rest.

Crimson Wizard

I think image zoom does not work again. When I click x2, x3 etc, the image simply dissapears.

AGA

Zoom is fixed in the next version of the forums, which should hopefully be done quite soon.  Not worth trying to fix it in this deprecated version!

Crimson Wizard

Should I report new forum bugs here?

I noticed that spoilers do not work correctly, instead the "hide" tags are displayed verbatim.
Did syntax change or they are broken? If syntax changed, is there a way to convert the topics to the new one automatically?

heltenjon

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 26/09/2022 00:27:48Should I report new forum bugs here?

I noticed that spoilers do not work correctly, instead the "hide" tags are displayed verbatim.
Did syntax change or they are broken? If syntax changed, is there a way to convert the topics to the new one automatically?
AGA wrote in the thread AGS Website Redesign, which probably is a bit misleadingly placed in Adventure Related Talk and Chat.
Quote from: AGA on Sun 25/09/2022 22:18:23Spoiler tag is fixed.  I'll look at the other things when I can find the time!

Edit: Ah, now the
Spoiler
tag isn't working. Oh well.
[close]

AGA

Spoiler
test
[close]

Spoiler
test2
[close]

Crimson Wizard

Yes, i confirm, hide works now, thank you.

js

As a Firefox user (v102, Linux) : I cannot close the banner for agreeing use of cookies.
(no × item to close it).

It is always here and doesn't disappear when i click on a subject or a sub-forum.

I've tested with Chromium and it's ok : i have the × mark to close the windows.

I have disabled uBlock and uMatrix extensions (thinking may be the closing-cross was coming from the outer-banned-space), with no changes.

I worst case, a rule in uMatrix will hide the banner, but hey. May be there are cleaner solutions.

Thank you.

AGA

Quote from: js on Wed 28/09/2022 14:08:46As a Firefox user (v102, Linux) : I cannot close the banner for agreeing use of cookies.
(no × item to close it).

It is always here and doesn't disappear when i click on a subject or a sub-forum.

I've tested with Chromium and it's ok : i have the × mark to close the windows.

I have disabled uBlock and uMatrix extensions (thinking may the closing-cross was coming from the outer-banned-space), with no changes.

I worst case, a rule in uMatrix will hide the banner, but hey. May there are cleaner solutions.

Thank you.

It works fine in Firefox on various Windows and Mac versions.  No idea what the issue is on Linux, but unless you can give me an idea of the actual issue there isn't much I can do!  Do you see any errors in the developer console or networks tab?

js

Quote from: AGA on Thu 29/09/2022 00:07:01It works fine in Firefox on various Windows and Mac versions.  No idea what the issue is on Linux, but unless you can give me an idea of the actual issue there isn't much I can do!  Do you see any errors in the developer console or networks tab?

I have looked at debug console, but didn't found any related errors/warning (just a warning about cookies Cookie "ct_prev_referer" does not have a proper "SameSite" attribute value , seems related to youtube css so doesn't concern my issue).

As it's working properly with chrome, i believe some obscure problem on my side with my addons.
I've just made a rule in uBlock for zapping the DIV element, and it's gone.
I was asking just in case someone else had this issue.

AGA

Try again?  I've changed the default behaviour of the cookie div to be hidden, so if a user has the cookies or scripting disabled somehow it just won't show.

js

Excuse me, i hadn't seen your answer.

Thank you for the change, with scripts disabled on first-level domain (that is, this one) cookie div is hidden.

I've removed my rule for checking, of course.

As i think i will authorize scripts from this site (who knows what could be broken otherwise), i will just use my « cosmetic rule » for hiding cookie banner.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk